thegreatchecko

So How Are Things At B6?

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:47 am

I was wondering how things were going in the morale/culture department at B6?

With the quick expansion, has the company been able to get qualified and motivated crewmembers that have been keeping the culture alive?

I flew on them a year ago and saw both great service (PBI) and some alright service (JFK). Its that alright service that I worry about. Neeleman has said that is the airline's biggest threat, just being okay, because if people were getting okay and not exceptional, they would take their business elsewhere.

In the end, jetBlue still seems like a great place to work and fly, but honest responses are appreciated.

Thanks!

GreatChecko
"A pilot's plane she is. She will love you if you deserve it, and try to kill you if you don't...She is the Mighty Q400"

icebird757

RE: So How Are Things At B6?

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:24 am

Our planes are full and we are making money. What is there not to be happy about?
LGB....where you can watch the grass grow because the traffic is so slow.

thegreatchecko

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:29 am

Just to be devils advocate: Making money isnt everything. scratchchin 

I just had been hearing things from people who had interned for the company that made me think. Things like, "that guy is an idiot", or "he doesn't know what he is doing."

Hearing that really concerns me, it would be too easy to loose the edge. Its the people that really matter and drive the company. They could also put it straight into the gutter if they have the wrong attitude.

GreatChecko
"A pilot's plane she is. She will love you if you deserve it, and try to kill you if you don't...She is the Mighty Q400"

greenguy01

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:08 am

Quoting TheGreatChecko (Reply 2):
I just had been hearing things from people who had interned for the company that made me think. Things like, "that guy is an idiot", or "he doesn't know what he is doing."

You don't think that you will ever hear that at other good companies like WN?
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

StevenUhl777

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:05 am

I think as long as things are going seemingly well and the company is profitable, then the majority will think things are great and morale will be high. Can't stay on top forever...eventually B6 will grow so fast and experience growing pains, and how they adjust with that will ultimately determine the direction the culture/morale takes.

Just my .02 for what it's worth, which probably isn't anything.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!