Once again, I tried searching the DB for answers to my questions, but had no luck.
When airlines place orders which include options, I assume a few things, but have questions on others and love to confirm my assumptions. I am referring to all orders, but have in mind the 787 just because it hasn't even been built yet.
1. The prices related to the initial orders are the same on the options?
2. There is a limited amount of time to use the options? (In years)
3. Options are only good for the same family of aircraft or they modify the original deal?
1. When do companies usually use their options? Clearly they must have money. With the 787, will companies likely wait until they see it fly and get the final Boeing results?
2. What if a family is discontinued, like the 757 line? If customers still had options, would they roll over to another family?
3. Can options be given from one airline to another?
Thanks for any answers!