JetADude
Topic Author

Air Atlanta Icelandic

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:38 am

I would like to know more about this company and how it is run. Such things include management style, operations, employee morale, and financial condition (keep it legal - only public information please, if any).

Any information or thoughts that you have would be much appreciated.

Best

whitehatter

RE: Air Atlanta Icelandic

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:58 am

http://www.airatlanta.is is a good start.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

burberry753

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:59 am

The only things I know is they very large, own most of Excel Airways and all of Islandsflug.

mhodgson

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 am

I know that a student at London City university is on the rostering staff, working via the net from his lodgings!

I have also seen their HQ in Reykjavik - they also had a big advert in the back cover of the Icelandic telephone directory (just in case you want to charter a 742 at short notice...)
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

JetADude
Topic Author

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:53 am

Thank you for the web site. It is a good start.

CalAir

Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:34 pm

Well I used to work for Excel back on 2001 when they were flying the 767's on the icelandic register, operated by Air Atlanta. There was an Air Atlanta purser on board who flew in the L1 position, who was responsible for safety only,and they often opted for their own uniform instead of the Excel one, and that was a much prettier one in my opinion, so no wonder they preferred it. The Excel purser flew at the rear and was responsible for service only. And they sometimes locked horns! There was many a flight when I flew at the front, and it was great fun,very laid back and even the longest flight flew by. However, it was an Air Atlanta service, lots of little touches, mainly picked up from years of flying, as the SCCM's were "more mature" shall we say, and my god they were good! I'd say the pax sat forward of the mid cabin loo's had a better flight! There were a few that were flying part time as they were friends of the owners of the airline, and they had retired from Icelandair and flew when they felt like it! Great, great people to work with. Two ladies i remember were "Lolo" and "Gudloug". Loved every minute. The life vests were the type with clips, none of this tie in a bow stuff, and just as the takeoff roll started, they always made a PA " in preparation for takeoff, please ensure the security of your seatbelt". Very professional and I would jump at the chance to work with them again.
British Caledonian...we never forget, you have a choice

PhilSquares

Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Have some friends of mine who work as pilots for AAI/AAE. Not many nice things to say about working there.

Pressure to bust FTL, questionable MX, pressure to avoid writing up snags with the aircraft. Shall I continue????
Fly fast, live slow

JetADude
Topic Author

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:29 am

Please do.......

Thank you.