BMED
Topic Author

Air Berlin Out Of STN

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:02 am

I was looking around and went to have a look on air berlins site and they a lot of destinations from London Stansted. Can anyone tell me if they operate the flights or if its codeshare flights. The flights had Air Berlin flight codes. Also does the company have aircraft based at STN along with British Crew.
Cheers for any info on this topic.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

mhodgson

RE: Air Berlin Out Of STN

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:14 am

I don't think they have any based a/c. All crew are Germany-based as a result.

I think some of the flights are actually operated via another airport - It states that MAN-ZRH is operated by AB, but for this you actually travel via Paderborn I think - the same may apply at STN
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

BMED
Topic Author

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 am

But there seems a lot of destinations though which would mean a lot of connecting flights would have to be available surely.

pelican

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:26 am

AB uses hubs. For example if you want to fly from STN to Malaga you will go through their hub in PMI.

pelican

BMED
Topic Author

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:28 am

Cheers, I take it there would be aircraft changes involved looking at the amount of destinations you can book to.

IanatSTN

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:13 am

Hey, BMED

These flight's aren't codeshare, Air Berlin have a fairly large presence @ STN.

In the summer I will be flying STN-BER-STN on AB, and am looking forward to my first flight with them.

Quoting Pelican (Reply 3):
AB uses hubs. For example if you want to fly from STN to Malaga you will go through their hub in PMI.

What proportion of flights in/out of STN work on this principle? I'm aware that AB still has many direct flights STN-Europe.

Cheers,
Ian.
Ian@STN ::

jush

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:27 am

The flyFor example AB8820 FMO - STN 06:05 am
Then STN PMI so the a/c isn't based at Stansted. Its just another leg of the day of the FMO crew of Air Berlin. Works for every A/c coming to STN from AB and that are quite a few.

Cheers
Matt
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

IanatSTN

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:51 am

Hey Matt,

Thanks for clearing that up.

So am I correct in assuming that on the STN-Berlin flight I will be on, the crew will not fly straight back Berlin-STN, but instead onto another destination?

What are the advantages of such a system?

Cheers,
Ian.
Ian@STN ::