JJMNGR
Topic Author

TAM - Stock Exchange Soon

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:25 am

TAM announced this morning that soon will go to the US stock exchange in Wall Street as so as in Brazil.
Let´s wait and see how much investments are going to be kept in the market in order to expand more services.

hardiwv

RE: TAM - Stock Exchange Soon

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:32 am

If this is the case, it will be the second airline in Latin America to be traded in the NYSE after LAN Chile and Brazil's LCC GOL. Let's see if TAM will be as successful as GOL, which recently announced its second public offering - IPO and is setting the pace of the aviation market in Brazil.

Rgs,

westindian425

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:22 am

That's funny, I was under the impression that TAM was setting the pace of the aviation induatry in Brazil. Go figure.

Neil
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

erikwilliam

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:24 pm

Yes, the IPO is due to mid 2005, and they expect to cash in USD350-450milion

hope so, GOL`s stock have a lot of demand, and I entered when they launched their stock last year, it gave 7% in the first day, and now less than a year, about 35% return.

that´s really good.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

hardiwv

Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:45 am

TAM announced that it will go for the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange (BOVESPA) only. As such GOL and LAN will remain the only airlines in Latin America to be listed in the NYSE.

Rgs,

erikwilliam

Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:20 am

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 4):
TAM announced that it will go for the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange (BOVESPA) only. As such GOL and LAN will remain the only airlines in Latin America to be listed in the NYSE.

Don´t belive that Hardi, belive me, I´ve worked for the Finnancial World.

They might not go at first, but every company that want´s the big money, goes to the US with NYSE. Taxes are cheaper, more opportunities to make money, etc etc. When GOL launched stocks, they made more money at NYSE then BOVESPA, so....US still a better market for stocks, lots of people dieing to make quick and easy money, something that´s quite hard with US companies today, but the ADR´s are a great oportunite.

Just a note, Brazil is the biggest Latin country with ADR´s in NYSE, and the 5th in the world.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo