YOWguy
Topic Author

Flight Simulator Rides In Canada

Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:57 am

I am curious if there are any companies which offer a real flight simulator ride , something like what Alteon does in the States.

MidnightMike has gratiously mentioned here on A.net that anyone in Long Beach, drop him a line and he would show you around. And then there is the offer of the 1 hour ride for $150. Problem is Long Beach is a $500 + flight , and a world away.

I know that West Jet does offer use of their 737-700 -200 simulators , but only to airlines and certified training institutions.

Air Canada doesn't seem to offer any such service.

Not looking for flight training , I am just an enthusiast looking for a ride in a flight simulator. Nothing is available in Ottawa, Vancouver is too far, but Toronto is a viable alternative.

MidnightMike

RE: Flight Simulator Rides In Canada

Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:08 am

YowGuy

Another option could be Seattle, they do not do them as often as Long Beach, but, on occassion they do offer the simulator rides. Not sure the difference in the cost of a ticket between Canada & Seattle?

As for Long Beach, here is the website
http://alteonlongbeach.com/products_sim_ride.htm
NO URLS in signature

lincoln

Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:33 am

Quoting YOWguy (Thread starter):
MidnightMike has gratiously mentioned here on A.net that anyone in Long Beach, drop him a line and he would show you around. And then there is the offer of the 1 hour ride for $150. Problem is Long Beach is a $500 + flight , and a world away.

I'll take this opportunity to throw in how cool the grand tour is. Alteon Long Beach has an awesome (and somewhat overwhelming) facility... Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime type thing (at least for a non-pilot Smile) and if you ever do find yourself in Long Beach I would highly recommend taking MidnightMike up on his offer...

I didn't go for a flight, but the visual in one of the sims was on...it looked so realistic, I didn't realize that that was what I was should be seeing...It wasn't until I popped out of the sim that I realized there weren't really runway lights to my right  Smile

On the non-sim front, it was absolutely amazing to see how big a life raft gets when deployed (and how small it can be packed down to), how much room there is between the tailcone and rear bulkhead of an MD-80.

It was an absolutely awesome experience and highly recommended to anyone that is anywhere near LGB [I'm lucky in that my Dad lives practically down the street so I didn't go too far out of my way...].

Thanks again, Mike Big grin

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

squad55

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:00 am

I did a ride with Alteon in Seattle on the 777 sim. It was a good program, around 300 USD for an hour.

MidnightMike

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:25 am

Quoting Squad55 (Reply 3):
did a ride with Alteon in Seattle on the 777 sim. It was a good program, around 300 USD for an hour.

The normal price is $150 per hour, unless they had to call in a part time instructor, which is probably the reason for the higher price.

http://www.alteonlongbeach.com/products_sim_ride.htm

Kind of funny, I was up in Seattle for the 777-200LR rollout & wanted to ride in the 777 simulator but was unable to due to 777 simulator being full, oh well, maybe next time...
NO URLS in signature

baw716

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:29 pm

For Midnight Mike
Can you write up a contract in LGB and transfer it up to Alteon Seattle?

Another A.netter did that and worked it out so it could be done in Seattle, since he was coming here anyway and I am restricted walking. Did two hours in the 737NG...

just a thought.
baw716
David L. Lamb, fmr Area Mgr Alitalia SFO 1998-2002, fmr Regional Analyst SFO-UAL 1992-1998

MidnightMike

Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Quoting Baw716 (Reply 5):
For Midnight Mike
Can you write up a contract in LGB and transfer it up to Alteon Seattle?

Not that I know of, I know somebody that contacted me to ride the simulators in Seattle and I put him in contact with the people in Seattle. Unless I am wrong? I will try to send the other guy an email.....
NO URLS in signature

b752fanatic

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:15 pm

I contacted the people from Alteon here in Miami.

They told me it would take a week to fly a 757 simulator, and the price will be 300 dollars the hour.

I thought, cool, my dream will come true, but 300? for an hour?

I find it too expensive, knowing that for half I would get the same thing some where else.

I just want to ask anyone that had an experience before in these simulators, is it worthed 300 dollars for just one hour?

Thanks

[Edited 2005-04-16 05:17:22]
"Truth is more of a stranger than fiction." Mark Twain

MidnightMike

Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Quoting B752fanatic (Reply 7):
I just want to ask anyone that had an experience before in these simulators, is it worthed 300 dollars for just one hour?

Same thing again, they probably have to bring in a part time instructor, which increases the price of the simulator ride.

I would say come to Long Beach & get "2" hours for $300, but, we do not have the 757 & of course you would purchase a ticket.

Is it worth $300 for the hour, I think so, chance of a lifetime to fly your favorite aircraft.

http://alteonlongbeach.com/products_sim_ride.htm
NO URLS in signature

AC_A340

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 am

Air Canada offers use of their simulators as an Aeroplan reward in Vancouver and Toronto.

JJMNGR

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:21 am

I have 10 hous on B743 helded at VARIG TRAINNING CENTER in Rio de janeiro.
The have other simulators there...of B733 and B767...but as they have these aircrafts in their fleet it is not easy to get some hours...
But on B743 is easy!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos