sevenair

FR F/A Type Rating For England?

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:14 pm

Hey
A while back i was looking for information on cabin crew for FR and the website had links to all of the companies who do the type rating. THere was a one for Ireland (bond aviation-i think??!!??) but none for the UK. Are UK people expected to do this in Eire? How much does this cost? And how long does it take? Also, does anyone know on average how much a junior F/A with FR is expected to earn? Any advise would be much appreciated  Smile
Alex

edina

RE: FR F/A Type Rating For England?

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Why pay for your training & uniform i.e. pay to join Ryanair?? All other airlines in the UK will pay you during training, the odd one may ask you to pay a contribution to your uniform or "bond" you so that if you leave within 6 months you may have to contribute to your training costs.

With FR you would be essentialy be buying yourself a job - there are lots of cabin crew jobs out there with good airlines ..........hunt around a little.

I've no personal axe to grind with FR; I just don't like "wannabe" cabin crew being ripped off.

Check this site out.........

http://www.ryan-be-fair.org/index.htm
Worked on - Caravelle Mercure A300 A320 F27 SD3-60 BAe146 747-100/200/400 DC10-30 767 777 737-400 757 A319 A321

sevenair

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:46 pm

ive had a few offers for interviews for BA and EZY which im quite chuffed with, just if I have to be based in the LON region, id prefer STN, and with FR the biggest operator I find that maybe id get a chance of a job there. But ive no idea how much itll cost Sad

irishjohn

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:08 pm

I guess the cost is relative to future earnings. It is rumored that FR staff do end up with income as good as or better than most! Not in the business so I don't know for sure. I would also guess they do work for that income!

Safe sailing

John

edina

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:26 am

Maybe I'm a little biased, but with the quality of life you get working for BA you would be able to live in the STN area no problem.

On short haul at LHR we get 10 days off a month and we do get some say over when those days are rostered, & we have crew who live in the midlands and on the south coast etc, who dont seem to have any problem in getting to work.

I would go for all your interviews, as they are all good experience.......good luck!
Worked on - Caravelle Mercure A300 A320 F27 SD3-60 BAe146 747-100/200/400 DC10-30 767 777 737-400 757 A319 A321

sevenair

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:50 am

ah thats cool. il be doing my ATPL theory distancee learning, so a few days off here and there wouldnt go a miss Smile