unitedair

United's ORD-HKG flight

Sun Jan 31, 1999 6:00 am

My mom was going to fly UA ORD-HKG, but she's on standby. She said there weren't many passengers but NO standby passengers were allowed on the plane because they needed the extra weight for their cargo. Also, something about wind conditions and that if the airplane is too heavy they can't bring their nose up too high or something because of the wind.

She was tried this flight for 2 days and didn't get on so she finally decided to go to Tokyo instead. So, what does all this mean? Were these flights really too unsafe to fly the extra standby passengers? However, it is winter! So I guess so.

RE: United's ORD-HKG flight

Mon Feb 01, 1999 5:02 am

Well, today, that is actualy the longest flight (about 16 hours) any US carrier makes. In facted UA895 (ORD-HKG) has a specialy made 747. I belive it has larger fuel tanks, a bigger bed room, and less passenger capacity. Unfortunatly, you really can't relly on this flight on-time, or at all. You see, because it is such lets says a "fragile" flight, we take extreme caution, even if that means canceling passengers. You have to understand, this is for your own safety. Some days, there will be a storm, and they will cancel lots of people and leave behind lots of mail and packages. I hope this helps! My suggestin, use the UAL ORD-LAX-HKG flight!!!

unitedair

RE: United's ORD-HKG flight

Mon Feb 01, 1999 5:27 am

It's understandable!