Adam T.
Topic Author

Question About Air NZ Website(s)

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey Everyone,
Okay, kind of a stupid question but I didn't know where else to ask  Smile

I am going to be studying abroad in New Zealand in a couple of months. Got the roundtrip flights from CLT to LAX, and LAX to AKL. I'll be arriving in Auckland on June 25th and then going to Roturua for a few days. I'll be flying from Roturua to Wellington on the 28th. I was originally going to let a travel agency book the flight from ROT to WLG but the price they quoted me was ridicolous so I went to the Air New Zealand website and found a much better fare. Here's the thing.....the first time I looked I was on the New Zealand version of the website and was quoted at 95.00 NZD, which roughly equals about 68.00 USD. When I went to the USA version of the Air NZ website it quoted me for the exact same flight as 83.50 USD.

Okay, 15.00 difference, which I know I shouldn't be making a big deal but honestly is there really that much difference if I (as an American citizen) book my flight through the New Zealand version of the Air NZ website as opposed to the USA version of the Air NZ website? My parents and I are already paying tons of money for this study abroad experience and am trying to save every penny possible.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it  Smile

Thanks,

Adam  Smile

NZ747

RE: Question About Air NZ Website(s)

Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:44 pm

Yes if you book it using the New Zealand version it will be fine.

777ER
Crew

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:05 pm

Booking throu the New Zealand version should be ok. Book throu which either gives you a cheaper deal
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

wunala

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:03 pm

FX rates, website updates etc could cause the difference. Book on the chaeapest one, then just ask NZ to link the 2 tickets, so that all details can be displayed together, and if for any reason you are delayed on the outbound, then the airline knows to rebook all your tix, not just the first sector.

I always do that, even with different carriers.

anstar

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:07 pm

Qantas do this as well.

I was looking at booking a onme way MEL-SYD flight from the UK and it was quoted as £90 o/w. one the QF Aussie site it was $100 o/w.

They will charge what they can in certain markets.

Adam T.
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:17 am

Thanks everyone! I will book through the NZ website.

Wunala.....Can I still have my ticket info linked with my flight from LAX to AKL even though I fly in three days before I fly from ROT to WLG? If so, do I need to call Air NZ and ask them to link the tickets or will it ask me to do that on the website?

Thanks  Smile

Adam

NZ747

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:30 am

It will come under a different booking number. Try ringing AirNZ to get them linked.

aerohottie

Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:25 am

From memory if you book on the NZ website you will be limited to 20kgs of luggage, and not the 2x32kg limit as per the US site. So if you are carrying less than 20kgs book on the NZ site... if you are carrying more luggage pay the extra $15 and get the larger baggage amount. I'm sure from memory if you book a NZ domestic flight on the US flight it will ask if you have a ticket number for the incoming flight. I'm sure thats how it works anyway, well at least it did when I was working at Air NZ res.
What?

ZKOJH

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:41 am

i found this problem too, when i book my rtn tickets AKL-LHR VV booking on the NZ site worked out cheaper then booking on the UK site, but then not complaining really if its cheap!!
Vietnam time..

wunala

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:12 am

Quoting Aerohottie (Reply 7):
From memory if you book on the NZ website you will be limited to 20kgs of luggage, and not the 2x32kg limit as per the US site

But if you have them linked by calling Air NZ, then you should get the full allowance of 64K on the domestic flights too.

Adam T - Call airlines and have both linked, then sit back and get ready to enjoy some sauv blanc on the way over.

Adam T.
Topic Author

Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:17 am

I also forgot to mention, will I still be able to have the tickets linked even though i'm flying Qantas from LAX to AKL on the 25th and then flying Air NZ from ROT to WLG on the 28th?
Also, should I have the ticket from my U.S Airways flight linked to both the Qantas and Air NZ flights?

Thanks everyone for your help  Smile

Adam

Adam T.
Topic Author

Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:52 am

One other thing, do they charge more to have your tickets linked? Because when I called AIR NZ a few minutes ago she quoted me at a higher price for the same flight that is 80 USD on the website.

Adam  Smile