LordHowe
Topic Author

Refund From SAS For Missed Breakfast

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:48 pm

There have been some threads here too about SK new service concept with no meals included to the cheaper tickets (=economy class).

I flew with my family in December from HEL to CPH with a morning flight and we had reserved and purchased our tickets early. By the time the tickets were printed the new era had already begun, but in the itinerary attached to the tickets was written "continental breakfast" as a meal during our flight. As we were onboard it became clear to us that no meals are included when seated in the aft section of the cabin. We were not the only ones to find out about the new concept onboard.

After returning home in early January I wrote to SAS and told them that I did not get what I had bought.

Last Friday (April 15th!) I received an answer and they wanted to pay to me back 5 euros per pax - as a compensation for missed breakfast.

Best regards,
LordHowe
Lord Howe Island - The Last Paradise

RDUDDJI

RE: Refund From SAS For Missed Breakfast

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:56 pm

That's a good story. At least they gave you a response.

We had pax threaten not to fly us years ago because we switched from Coke to Pepsi. They wanted refunds for the flights they had taken with Pepsi...
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

Leskova

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:43 pm

Quoting LordHowe (Thread starter):
but in the itinerary attached to the tickets was written "continental breakfast" as a meal during our flight

"Continental breakfast"? On an airline itinerary? Usually that just says "Breakfast", or "Meal"... in some cases, you'll even just see a "B" listed somewhere on it...

Nonetheless, the itinerary is - unfortunately - not relevant, and often enough includes a reference like "information subject to change"... after all, the type of plane is on there as well, and we all know that that can change.

Anyhow - I'm impressed that they actually offered to refund some money... I would not have expected that!

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 1):
We had pax threaten not to fly us years ago because we switched from Coke to Peps

I once had a kid sitting in the same row (fortunately not directly next to me) that started shouting and crying because of that... it took his mother a few minutes to shut him up...

What is it with these Coke/Pepsi fans???

Hell - I don't start bugging everyone if the wine I'd like to have with my dinner isn't available... you get over things like that - it's only something to drink, for crying out loud!!!

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

RJ100

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, Im flying on Swiss BSL-VIE-BSL soon and on my itinerary it says meal: "regular meal" although they wont give you something.

Funny thing that you can choose betwenn vegetarian, kosher and regular when they dont serve a thing Big grin  Sad

RJ100
none

manu

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:37 am

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 3):
you can choose betwenn vegetarian, kosher and regular when they dont serve a thing

It's sort of like smoking or non-smoking seats in the past. Now, you can choose what the person sitting before you ate so that his "gas" trapped in the seat won't affect your diet choice.