N317AS
Topic Author

Renton Municipal Airport Ready To Compete

Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:04 pm

"Renton officials now are considering whether they should make a major effort to attract more private and chartered jets to the city's airport.

Such an effort might include the occasional celebrity, but the real goal is to capture a larger share of the general aviation market.

A consultant's study says Renton Municipal Airport could handle 10 percent to 20 percent of the Puget Sound region's corporate aircraft operations if it builds a ``jet center'' to service private aircraft and cater to their passengers and crews."

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/story/html/204433

I would love to see more biz jets coming into RNT. I wouldn't need to go to BFI for that traffic.
Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

rsmith6621a

RE: Renton Municipal Airport Ready To Compete

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Mr Jones....

Do you think that the BBJ would be a good candidate for RNT.

I think RNT is long overdue for some renovation/growth. It seems that Seattle has to hog it all. I wonder if as part of their plan if they would install a full ILS on both 15 and 33.

I think it would be cool to sit in the parking lot and watch a CX750 on final.

Thanks for the news Bill.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

N1120A

RE: Renton Municipal Airport Ready To Compete

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:20 pm

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 1):
Do you think that the BBJ would be a good candidate for RNT.

Well, 5382 feet is cutting it close, but if you are light enough, should not be a problem
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss