Marambio
Topic Author

Uair Suspends Rosario, Will Start Buenos Aires EZE

Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:48 am

According to Rosario's newspaper La Capital, Uruguayan low-cost carrier Uair suspended its flights to that Argentine city.

http://www.lacapital.com.ar/2005/04/19/ciudad/noticia_188536.shtml (in Spanish)

Beware, the article says their frequency is 3x daily, while it actually is 3x weekly.

Here is a translation of the article:

U-Air airline, which offered three weekly flights to Montevideo (Uruguay), stopped operating yesterday [18 April 2005] at least until May 25th. The thing is at 14:30 the last aircraft left, bringing to Rosario 12 people, and going back to Uruguay with only 4 passengers onboard.

According to Rosario's Islas Malvinas/Fisherton Airport authorities, the airline suspended the service due to aircraft maintenance. "The director (Esteban Borgonovo) will not comment about this, since it is only a temporary suspension," told La Capital a person close to him.

Nonetheless, faces at the airport were of strong worry. Last year Aerovip airline stopped flying to Rosario apparently for a short period of time, but no aircraft of them has be seen in Rosario since then.

I read a couple of days ago an article in Montevideo's El Observador newspaper, telling they were given rights for Porto Alegre (POA), Asunción (ASU), and Buenos Aires (EZE). According to a member of the board, flying to EZE would mean codesharing with an international airline to other destinations worlwide. The article, in Spanish, can be seen here:

http://www.observa.com.uy/Obuscar/notaarchivo.aspx?id=15137

Personally I don't know what to think. Uair is a strange airline, and last time I read their load-factors were less than 20% in average. It would be interesting to see them at EZE (don't know how they have been doing at AEP), but suspending ROS...well...sounds suspicious. Not that there's a big market from ROS to MVD, but they were the only ones flying the route, with a small-sized aircraft (F100) and continuing to COR.

You never know with Uair.

Have a nice weekend you all.

Saludos,
Marambio
Aerolíneas Argentinas - La Argentina que levanta vuelo

Box37

RE: Uair Suspends Rosario, Will Start Buenos Aires EZE

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:02 am

It smells like they are in trouble, a few days back I read an article that stated they were allowed only 7 frequencies per week AEP-MVD by the Uruguayan government.

Looking at Carrasco operations they are only flying 1 or 2 flights per day, it seems to me they are in a cash crunch, maybe some of the a.netters from Uruguay might have more information

Reading the articles and what the media rep says to the press is classic of a business in trouble, they will not say a word because people will not fly them as they are afraid of getting stuck with no return transportation

PU803

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:43 pm

"Looking at Carrasco operations they are only flying 1 or 2 flights per day"

hi Box37, I can't find a link to Carrasco site.

c u , iddo

Box37

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:39 pm

PU803

The link is
http://www.aic.com.uy/

Good luck

Box

Pu752

Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:06 am

I been on UAIR on the MVD-AEP-MVD route, just wanted to try them and I wont be flying back with them, first, the flight delayed 1 hr, and on the way back they said that they cant land at Carrasco because they were not authorized to fly MVD-AEP that day, which is not a good excuse, who knows what were the real reasons, then at 10pm at AEP, the Uair flight to MVD leaved operating AEP-PDP and then those pax took a bus to MVD, and I had to buy another ticket on AR for the 11pm flight to MVD. They just sucks

PU803

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:04 am

hi Box 37. and thanks !!!

Iddo

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos