airevents

Booking Of Domestic Flights In The Ukraine

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:53 pm

Dear all,

has anyone booked domestic flights in the Ukraine from abroad ? Any good resources on timetables, prices etc ? I have only seen the Aerosvit homepage so far, which seems to be quite good.

Thanks for any info !

Sebastian
www.airevents.com

UN_B732

RE: Booking Of Domestic Flights In The Ukraine

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:13 pm

Where exactly are you going? AeroSvit has some tasty deals.
I imagine that's the only website for domestic, if they have an ofifce in Germany they *MIGHT* be able to ship to you.
Their is also http://www.ukraine-international.com/eng/ but I assume PS and VV share a lot of flights which are run by other operators (such as AIr Ukraine) An-24s.

In Russian there's also ARP-410
http://www.arp410.com.ua/ru/actt/timetable.shtml
They fly to Lvov and Simpferopol. I'll translate the eschedule upon request
What now?

airevents

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:14 pm

Hi and thanks a lot for that. I do not have any particular plans but would love to fly on Odessa Airlines or Donbass. I already did Lviv Airlines An24 and Dniproavia Yak40 last year, booked all that in Kiev.
www.airevents.com

UN_B732

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Lviv Airlines  Smile. My personal favorite, I have a connection at LWO and they showed me around their facilites and their Yak-42. Definitely a great airline.
By the way, if you have any itnerest in flying Kiev-Moscow, Donbass flies that route too. Taking advantage of the no visa requirement?  Silly
What now?

airevents

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:21 pm

Yes, a friend of mine and I will go to the Ukraine for a few days in June and we want to take as many flights as possible. I hope the visa free travel will survive september....
For Russia, however, we still need a visa. I would be there much more often if that weren´t the case.

Do you know anybody at Lviv Airlines that I could contact about seeing the facility ?
www.airevents.com

airsicknessbag

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:21 pm

Want to take advantage of visa-free travel this summer, huh?

Other than the above mentioned websites of PS and VV, the classic online agencies (opodo, expedia etc.) seem to lack in the domestic Ukraine department. I've seen some fares on http://www.start.de , not too cheap, though.

I was thinking about burning some miles for FRA-ODS KIV-FRA and would need to get from ODS to KIV, presumably via KBP, so I did some research too.

Daniel Smile

airevents

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi Daniel,

between ODS and KIV there are no direct flights I guess. Odessa Airlines flies between ODS and Kiev Zhulyany and Aerosvit between KBP and ODS. I wanted to go on Odessa Airlines AN140 last year, but the flight was booked out and I took the night train (12 hours) back to Kiev.

Any more results on your research ? Is it difficult to get a visa for Moldova ?
www.airevents.com

UN_B732

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:46 pm

I can't help you with a Moldovian Visa, never been.
Do you speak Russian? I may be able to get in touch with someone if I make some calls, but I wouldn't count on it.
-mr. X
What now?

airsicknessbag

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:34 pm

Quoting Airevents (Reply 6):
between ODS and KIV there are no direct flights I guess

Ya, apparently. There used to be some (don't remember the airline) with EMB120, but I guess they ceased ops.

Odessa Airlines flies between ODS and Kiev Zhulyany and Aerosvit between KBP and ODS.

That's what I found out, too  Smile The former would be better to throw in a day or two in Kiev, the latter would make the connexion much easier (ODS-KBP-KIV, all on VV).

Is it difficult to get a visa for Moldova ?

I understand it's quite easy to get a visa on arrival at KIV. A friend of mine works at the Consulate General in Hermannstadt, and he goes to Moldova frequently. He obviously has no problems whatsoever with a nice blue leather passport, but he says Moldovan visa are no problems at all, even for holders of ordinary passports.

Any more results on your research ?

There's a cheap direct train Odessa-Kishinev (five hours), but you pass through Transnistria - which could mean trouble when crossing the "border" between Transnistria and Moldova.

I too hope that visa free travel gets extended past September; or maybe introduce visa on arrival, as is already done at ODS and Simferopol airport and harbour.

Daniel Smile

Daniel Smile

MHG

Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:49 am

Hallo Sebastian!

Why not check out the AEROMOST website at www.aeromost.com ? Just click on the "english" button and check their schedules and prices! Just ignore the USD-prices and look for the domestic routes where ticketprices are published in UAH. I saw some pretty low ones like 174,-UAH one-way which is similar to about 26,-EUR...

Best regards,

Jürgen
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys