TS-IOR

LH, AZ And AF At TUN : New Dedicated Area

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:33 pm

The three European airlines mentioned above got a new dedicated area at TUN with special check-in desks and respective info points and counters. The area is well managed and the atmosphere looks good in. Passengers flying with those airlines may feel a certain privilege and a personnalized service. At least 10 daily flights go through this little "terminal" !!!

AIR MALTA

RE: LH, AZ And AF At TUN : New Dedicated Area

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Well I have used that special terminal for my AF TUN-CDG in December. It is true that it is nice, clean and airy... Well done!!!

Ts-ior, do you have any idea if the second concurse is going to be buit at TUN airport?? That would be great...
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

TS-IOR

Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:47 pm

I have no info on that and apparently there is no works to start soon in TUN. All the efforts are now put on the new airport of Enfidha which is intended to receive its first flight by 2008. I'm a bit sceptic regarding this new airport !!!

AIR MALTA

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:31 pm

Quoting Ts-ior (Reply 2):
I'm a bit sceptic regarding this new airport !!!

I am also scpetic because I don't see any of the scheduled operators moving there. Tunis Carthage is just ideal for all travellers to Tunis and the north. I don't see AF, BA, AZ or LH moving there... may be UX!
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

Horus

Sun May 01, 2005 12:13 am

Why woudn't Enfidha be successful? TUN is facing problems expanding effectively (lack of space), the new airport will be centrally located between the major tourist areas and will face no restrictions if authorities wanted to expand it in the future and the number of visitors to Tunisia is increasing.

Horus
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

TS-IOR

Sun May 01, 2005 5:26 am

...they can expand TUN without any objections from the neighborhood; they only can obey to a governmental decision  Wink The touristic area of Hammamet is perfectly situated between TUN and MIR, and this latter airport is fastly growing and has also great possibilities for expansion...

The photo below shows TUN, and see the space that could be exploited :

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Javier F. Bobadilla - Iberian Spotters

The photos below show MIR with all the space that could be exploited, considering the water of course  Wink

View Large View Medium

Photo © Michal Kaczmarek (Wlkp_Spotters)

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jaroslav Blazek (LKKV Group)

View Large View Medium

Photo © Markus Bauer

View Large View Medium

Photo © John Miller

I don't know if a parallel Rwy and a second terminal could be built south of the existing ones and linked with a kind of bridge crossing the flakes of water !!!