gg190

American Airlines At Ronaldsway

Sun May 01, 2005 5:37 am

The live arrivals board for Ronaldsway on the airports website today gave an American Airlines flight as operating the MAN-IOM route. I assume this was a BA codeshare?

However why have they done it this way? I have never seen this before.

I can't remember the exact flight time, it was around 12 noon.

stirling

RE: American Airlines At Ronaldsway

Sun May 01, 2005 6:05 am

I am seeing the practice done on an increasing scale at airports not only in Europe, but in the U.S., and world-wide as well....
Welcome to Aviation in the 21st Century, where it's not the routes you fly, but the company you keep that ultimately determines success.

I also imagine, one day, we'll be seeing airlines that don't actually do anything, other than place their code everywhere.....like a "virtual" airline.
It is very misleading, as sometimes arrival displays only show the code-share partner, and not the actual operator.

Now more than ever, travelers need to pay attention.
Delete this User

David_itl

Sun May 01, 2005 6:17 am

Yes, it's the BA service. - a remote possibility as to why is that it might be something to do with the lack of IOM service from LHR, so now you can route from JFK/ORD/(BOS-MIA*)-MAN-IOM in relative comfort.

* dependent on season

You'd be amazed at the teletext arrivals for GLA (and EDI)....the "ordinary" BD LHR service carries upwards of 7 codeshares, rendering almsot half the page with just the 1 flight arrival!

David

ckfred

Sun May 01, 2005 2:14 pm

I flew CP from YHZ to YYZ in 1998. The board in the ticketing area only listed CP, but the gate showed both the AA and BA codeshare numbers.

At ATL, the monitors for AA also show all of the codeshare flight nos., including AS and IB.