Frontiercpt
Topic Author

Question About Miles Involving TG, And UA?

Sun May 01, 2005 5:44 am

Hey everyone! I will be flying UA from STL to LAS, and then TG from LAX to BKK. Can I take the miles that I earn on TG, and transfer them to UA? If I can, that would be totally wicked, becuase that would get me a free ticket.....finally! LOL, well, anyways, thanks in advance!
~Shaun

FlyingTexan

RE: Question About Miles Involving TG, And UA?

Sun May 01, 2005 6:10 am

Better yet, you can earn United miles on Thai metal. Simply enter your Mileage Plus account number in the TG reservation. Both Thai and United are members of Star Alliance.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

BG777300ER

Sun May 01, 2005 7:06 am

So you're saying that I can use my miles (that I earn with my United Mileage Plus Credit Card) on Austrian Airlines flights?
Koi mi sra v gashtite?

FlyingTexan

Sun May 01, 2005 7:18 am

Yes - you are eligible for rewards on Austrian, part of Star Alliance. From my experience, booking an international reward ticket using partner carriers is quite difficult.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

kdeg00

Sun May 01, 2005 8:24 am

Collecting the miles from another Star Alliance carrier to UA is really easy, just put your UA FF number in the reservation or at check-in. I've had good luck using UA miles for tickets on TG as well as LH and Asiana and SQ. LH is the only one AFAIK that allows using UA miles to upgrade.

christao17

Sun May 01, 2005 9:50 am

I've have very different experiences than FlyingTexan - from my experience when cashing in UA miles for international flights, espeically trans-Pacific, I can only get seats on other Star Alliance partners. Two recent examples:

SFO-ICN on OZ
ICN-BKK on TG
BKK-HKG on TG
HKG-SFO on SQ

LAX-ICN on OZ
ICN-BKK on TG
BKK-NRT on TG
NRT-LAX on SQ
Keeping the "civil" in civil aviation...