flyingnanook

Question About AS Award Reservation

Mon May 02, 2005 7:56 am

I just got off the phone with AS reservations, who were no help. I am trying to book a flight from ANC to LAS for Thanksgiving weekend (I know, crappy weekend for award reservations). My only restriction is that I be there on Friday night (Nov 25) and leave on the next available day. My problem is this: The next available day is Wednesday. So when tooling around on their website, I found that I can fly back from LAX on Wednesday as well, but this is a better option for me as I can visit family there. The website let me book this open jaw trip, but when I called the reservations desk (for help to find any better dates) the agent told me that this was not a valid open jaw trip. (ANC-LAS/LAX-ANC)

My question is this, why would the website let me book this itinerary, but not phone reservations? The agent did some typing, so it sounded like she was looking it up and the computer said it was invalid. Also, if I book this itinerary on the internet, could it be cancelled on me?

One more thing, those who know the inner workings of AS reservations, do you have any advice on how I can get a saver award for a shorter timespan that weekend? Alternate cities, alternate dates? I've tried all I can think of, but still have no luck.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos