jetpixx

Weather Diversions - South Florida

Wed May 04, 2005 8:01 am

I came in this afternoon from CAK-FLL via ATL and we were in a holding pattern due to thunderstorms for about 45-60 min. Once I arrived at FLL, we taxied past a Martinair Cargo MD-11. Then we passed an AA 777, with another sitting at the gate. It was quite a site.

Once I got onto the bus to the park n' ride, there was an Alitalia 763 which landed and parked at the international concourse. This plane was followed by a Gemini Cargo DC-10-30F.

Obviously these are all diversions from MIA, but I am trying to find out specifically where these planes came from. As of 6:30pm, the only plane which remained at FLL was the Alitalia plane, still parked.

Can anyone either tell me or point me towards where I can find where the AA 777s were in from, as well as the Gemini. The Martinair Cargo I am sure was AMS and the Alitalia flight from MXP.

Also, does CO serve FLL with a 762 now? Because I saw and took a photo of that later in the afternoon. It was a banner day for my personal site. Unfortunately, I have trouble uploading photos on here - they are mostly rejected for quality issues. However, these photos will be available in the next 24-48 hours on my personal website (see profile) if you are interested.

Take care - DAN

flyguy41

RE: Weather Diversions - South Florida

Wed May 04, 2005 9:00 am

The AA 777s were Flt 57 LHR-MIA and Flt 1614 DFW-MIA

KFLLCFII

RE: Weather Diversions - South Florida

Wed May 04, 2005 9:08 am

Yes, today (5/3) was an EXCELLENT day for spotting @ FLL. Spotted:

American Airlines 777-223, N786AN:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Carlo Bertolini

Gemini Air Cargo DC-10-30F, N600GC:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andre Quiros

Amerijet 727-233/Adv(F), N395AJ (NOT "G-Force One" that bases here):

View Large View Medium

Photo © Art Brett

AND, as an added bonus, this aircraft has been parked for a few days in front of the DHL terminal:

Mid East Jets' 777-24Q/ER, N777AS

View Large View Medium

Photo © Snorre - VIP Vienna International Planespotters

Wow, Three 777's @ FLL: the AA 777's and the Mid East 777. I don't think two 777's have been @ FLL at the same time, let alone three. Amazing!
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."