moose1226

New 738's For DL?

Thu May 12, 2005 10:37 am

Browsing around the Boeing Orders and deliveries Website, it looks like DL received a 737-800 during April. Can anyone confirm this? I'd be surprised if DL is getting new a/c considering their current financial situation.

danpio

RE: New 738's For DL?

Fri May 13, 2005 3:20 am

This is from DL's website:

"B–737–800: Orders: 61*, Options: 60, Rolling options: 168. *Includes 11 B–737–800 aircraft which Delta has agreed to sell to a third party immediately after those aircraft are delivered to Delta by the manufacturer in 2005"

Who that 3rd party is, I don't know. But that may be what is happening.
I'd kill everyone in this room for one drop of sweet, sweet beer.- Homer J. Simpson

positiverate

Fri May 13, 2005 7:13 am

Quoting Moose1226 (Thread starter):
I'd be surprised if DL is getting new a/c considering their current financial situation.

One important thing to remember is that orders are often placed in a time when a company's economics are positive. When a downturn occurs, sometimes a manufacturer will allow an airline to defer an order or switch production slots with another carrier, but sometimes they won't. i would imagine Delta tried to defer the order, but ultimately couldn't and had to take delivery.

Dalmd88

Fri May 13, 2005 4:07 pm

Our next delivery isn't until July 06. It is a single -800. In Aug we get another, then two a month until Jan 07. From Jan 07 on we get three a month. Of course this could change.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos