Bridogger6
Topic Author

HP/US To Confirm Talks By Thursday (AZ Rep)

Mon May 16, 2005 10:34 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0516amwest16.html

This just reiterates all the speculation and perhaps adds a few more details about the merger.

ERJ170

RE: HP/US To Confirm Talks By Thursday (AZ Rep)

Mon May 16, 2005 10:55 pm

I would assume the 60 Boeing 737 to be shed will be the 733.. which are the closest, if not fully, paid for aircraft in the fleet.. Ahh.. yes, that makes sense.. I like Airbii and Boeing just the same, but at this point in the game.. they should be keeping the birds that are paid for and dumping some in which they hold leases.. If they want to spend money, just revamp their aging interiors on the 737, 757, 767... that would be a better use of finances..

I don't think Washington will be to happy if their Corporate airline moves from the East Coast to the West Coast.. I could see a retalliation on some of those vaulable DCA slots..

More Airbus addition.. hmmm.. although their would be in line with the US A333 and would give the huge cash influx they needed, they won't get them for at least 5 years. Interesting to see..
Aiming High and going far..