Denmark Allow Onur Air To Fly

Wed May 18, 2005 2:16 am

Thorbjoern Ancker (spokesman of Statens Luftfartsvaesen-SLV) told that, on saturday after the controls of Onur Air`s aircraft in Copenhagen, there is nothing unsafe with Onur Air and Denmark will let Onur Air go on flying to Denmark.

[Edited 2005-05-17 19:27:26]

RE: Denmark Allow Onur Air To Fly

Wed May 18, 2005 2:27 am

A few hours ago I heard in the radio news that Onur Air should also be able fly again to/from Germany as soon as possible. Chancellor Schroeder and prime minister Erdogan already talked about this topic during a meeting of the Council of Europe in Warsaw.

But I can imagine that many people will avoid Onur Air even when they are allowed to fly again to Germany. The media made a big deal about these "safety problems" in the last few days and German travelers keep this in mind, especially since the Birgenair crash in the Dominican Republic a few years ago. I am sure there will be lots of people who will walk into a travel agency to book a holiday in Turkey this summer, but most of them will say someting like: "I don't want to fly with this unsafe Onur Air".

Onur will not have it easy on the German market in the furure.

[Edited 2005-05-17 19:32:06]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

RE: Denmark Allow Onur Air To Fly

Wed May 18, 2005 2:28 am

This thread makes some interesting reading and I hope I did add some light on the questions surrounding Onur's ban from The Netherlands.