LimaFoxTango
Topic Author

Converting To A US License

Wed May 18, 2005 10:23 am

Hello all. In a few months, I would have attained an Antiguan & Barbudan OECS CPL with IR and ME ratings. I'm curious to know what is the process I'd have to take to covert my license to the FAA CPL/IR/ME? Last week, I took the FAA IR and CPL knowledge tests (long story, dont ask) which I passed.

All my training soo far have been done in a "V2" registered aircraft. For me to get a FAA license, would I have to do any training in a "N" registered aircraft, or I'll just have to do the checkride in the "N" registered aircraft? Also, a friend of mine has his FAA CPL, IR, ME, CFI and CFII ratings. Could he do my checkride in a "V2" registered aircraft? The closest place for me to do a checkride would be in Puerto Rico.

Thanks all
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

kbfispotter

RE: Converting To A US License

Wed May 18, 2005 1:52 pm

The FAA website should give you all of the information that you need. You might have to do some searching, but you will find all you need there. If you are having a hard time with them, try the AOPA site.

FAA: www.faa.gov

AOPA: www.aopa.org

KBFIspotter
Proud to be an A&P!!!

LimaFoxTango
Topic Author

RE: Converting To A US License

Thu May 19, 2005 1:11 am

After searching the FAA site, it would appear that they would only issue me a PPL. Is that right, or am I missing something? I currently have a PPL, which I don't mind getting a FAA PPL as well, but in the future when I get my CPL, I want to convert that as well. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks again...
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.