wunala

Qantas Meal Service - J Class

Wed May 18, 2005 11:09 pm

I was talking to a friend this evening, and his mother recently flew QFSYD-SIN, then a 2 day stopover then onto LHR.

The meal service was done on FF level. They asked the man next to her what he wanted, then when she went to say that she wanted the fish, she was told that they would be back later to take her order, they were serving according to FF level and he was a gold.

My friends mum is 76, and doesn't fly that often, but she would have paid the same J fare as everyone else on the flight. When she complained, she was just told to write to Customer Services.

The second leg, she was treated properly, and the cabin crew had never heard of this type of service.

Was it that the FA's were bored? Have you every experienced this, or heard of anyone who has? I know when I fly with QF in J, the service has always been great.

JGPH1A

RE: Qantas Meal Service - J Class

Wed May 18, 2005 11:26 pm

I've never heard of meal service being decided on FQTV tier level - how wierd ! Maybe they hadn't got enough of the fish loaded, so they were checking with high-tiers first which they wanted, so as not to annoy them by running out. Crap service, whatever - I hope QF apologise to her.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

fbgdavidson

Thu May 19, 2005 2:25 am

This sometimes does happen on BA in First, although obviously it is usually done with some discretion! Persoanlly I've not experienced it in First or J but it does happen.

Sometimes happens when catering issues arise and not enough of each choice are loaded.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

dugway

Thu May 19, 2005 6:24 am

This seems really odd, and I am sure it is something that QF is not aiming for in its Premium Cabins. I agree with the above posts that it may have been a catering issue, but then again you would try and do it with a little more discretion.

Quoting Wunala (Thread starter):
they were serving according to FF level and he was a gold.

In the scheme of things, Gold would not be very high in the Business/First Cabin. I am Gold myself and don't travel that often. It only takes 3 rtn SYD-EUR flights in J to qualify for Platinum. I was once on the phone to Qantas and was simply blown away when they told me the number of Gold FF's (approx 55,000 in Australia if I recall correctly - Each with a free Qantas Club membership!)

Quoting Wunala (Thread starter):
Was it that the FA's were bored? Have you every experienced this, or heard of anyone who has? I know when I fly with QF in J, the service has always been great.

Despite all of the Qantas Service bashing that goes around, my experience in J has only been exceptional. Excellent food, attentive service and 'fresh' cabins, although my decision on the SkyBed is still out there.

When I flew J last, the meal service was a mix of back to front (dinner) and front to back (breakfast) and I love the idea of ordering your breakfast on the hotel style card, and then being woken up by the FA with your tray in their hands!

D P G

ozglobal

Thu May 19, 2005 7:11 am

Quoting Dugway (Reply 3):
Despite all of the Qantas Service bashing that goes around, my experience in J has only been exceptional. Excellent food, attentive service and 'fresh' cabins

Here, here! This sounds very dodgy. I can believe it happend because there's still the odd 'drop-kick' amongst QF J class crews who are clueless and low on the 'care-factor'. However, I would go QF J in half a picosecond over all but BA and SQ, and these are only on a par these days.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.