DavidJ
Topic Author

Iberia Business Plus

Wed May 18, 2005 11:44 pm

Hi,
I'm travelling in business class from Manchester, UK, to Montevideo, UY, via Madrid, in July this year.

Does anybody know if the Business Plus seats will be installed. I think the aircraft is an A340-300.

Thanks for your help.

David

Flying Belgian

RE: Iberia Business Plus

Thu May 19, 2005 12:08 am

Another question beside David's:

Is the Business Plus replacing the former Business Class + the First class ??

FB.
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

scandinavian

Thu May 19, 2005 12:31 am

According to one of Iberias press releases the new "Business Plus" will be officially launched in the second quarter of 2005. Iberias newest A340-600 is installed with the new Business Class, don´t know about the A340-300 fleet. I think that the new Business Plus will replace the existing Business Class and First Class.

For further info look at www.iberia.com

Regards
"He was a wise man who invented beer"-Platon

AlitaliaMD11

Thu May 19, 2005 12:46 am

The new Business Plus has already been launched.

Iberia has 18 A340-300 sin their fleet and will be starting to be installed with the new business plus seats soon, I think one has already gone to the shops to be refurbished.

If you are flying in July I really can't say if the A340-300 you are on will have it or not. If your flight has first and business class seats available then it won't have the new business plus seats.

FlyingBelgian

Yes it is

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sam Chui
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sam Chui

=
View Large View Medium

Photo © Ander Aguirre

Iberia has 8 A340-600s in their fleet and 6 of them already have the new business seats installed.
No Vueling No Party

IBERIA747

Thu May 19, 2005 4:35 am

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Reply 3):
If your flight has first and business class seats available

There's no way to know this in advance, as First class seats are not sold as "First Class" anymore. They are also sold as Business Class seats, giving preference to "special" customers if there are some of them on the flight (those with the highest FF program levels).

Remember that the new Business Plus has been fully introduced although just about 6 or 7 out of 26 aircraft (will be 31 aircraft in total) have the new seats installed. This means that the seats may still be the old ones on the majority of aircraft, but the service is the new "Business Plus" service...with the new standards (pillows, menus, blankets, amenity kits, etc)
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!