Renton_WA
Topic Author

Turkish Airlines To EZE!?

Thu May 19, 2005 3:46 am

Sorry only in Spanish....

http://www.aerolatinnews.com/index.php?accion=noticia&id_noticia=11010

The Argentine government gave Turkish Airlines the rights to passenger and cargo flights between Buenos Aires and Prague.

Interesting news...

Comments?

Sabena332

RE: Turkish Airlines To EZE!?

Thu May 19, 2005 3:58 am

Quoting Renton_WA (Thread starter):
Comments?

No comment but a question.

Please enlighten me why TK should fly between Buenos Aires and Prague.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

LAXintl

Thu May 19, 2005 3:59 am

The Prague part must be an error by the paper.

Basically the story is that the two countries signed a bilateral allowing air service between the nations. The basic terms are for 7 weekly frequencies with 5th freedom traffic rights via 3rd countries.

THY at the moment has no plans to serve the route. It has many more pressing markets that it would like to enter first.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Renton_WA
Topic Author

Thu May 19, 2005 5:44 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 1):
Quoting Renton_WA (Thread starter):
Comments?

No comment but a question.

Patrick

Uh.... enlighten you?  sarcastic  I came here to be enlightened? I figured one of the "EXPERTS" in here could fill me in?

scratchchin 

bahadir

Thu May 19, 2005 5:50 am

Renton_WA,
I am in Renton as well and happen to be a Turk.  Smile I cannot understand why would THY fly to EZE when there are places that are in need of the service from IST. (Log awaited YUL or LAX for instance).

Maybe it's a IST-PRG-EZE with 5th freedom rights, but I am not sure if there is potential for that.
Earthbound misfit I

erikwilliam

Thu May 19, 2005 6:47 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 1):

maybe 5th freedom rights?

Quoting Bahadir (Reply 4):
I cannot understand why would THY fly to EZE when there are places that are in need of the service from IST. (Log awaited YUL or LAX for instance).

there was a huge Arab-South American summit in Brazil last week. Maybe Turkey is along with the arabs to come down here, then a flight IST-GRU/GIG-EZE would be a worthy thing.

EK is also planning to come down here, they´ve aquired rights to up to 14 flights/week to Brazil.

wait and see.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

ahlfors

Thu May 19, 2005 6:54 am

Lets see. EZE-PRG is 7338 miles and EZE-IST is 7608 miles. Can the 343 make it that far with a reasonable load? Though I suppose with the loads they will be able to get on either flight are so low that they can fill up half the passenger cabin with fuel, so they'll certainly make it all the way. Profit is another thing.

I suppose a IST-Brazil-EZE flight a couple times a week would be doable if there are fast connections to BEY. Otherwise forget it.

MD11junkie

Thu May 19, 2005 7:49 am

Quoting Ahlfors (Reply 6):
Lets see. EZE-PRG is 7338 miles and EZE-IST is 7608 miles. Can the 343 make it that far with a reasonable load? Though I suppose with the loads they will be able to get on either flight are so low that they can fill up half the passenger cabin with fuel, so they'll certainly make it all the way. Profit is another thing.

Are we talking Nautical miles? If so, the A340-300 is doing about 6700nm. The A340-200 will make 7100nm.

Cheers! wave 
Gastón - The MD-11 Junkie
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!

LAXintl

Thu May 19, 2005 8:58 am

Like I said, THY has no current interest in serving Argentina at the moment.

The two countries as part of a trade delegation simply signed a bilateral agreement allowing service. Just because one has an air service agreement in place with another nation does not mean there must be flights between the two nations.

Even the US even being such a large country has air service agreements with plenty of countries (particularly Africa), however has zero service between them.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

erikwilliam

Fri May 20, 2005 2:29 am

Quoting Ahlfors (Reply 6):
I suppose a IST-Brazil-EZE flight a couple times a week would be doable if there are fast connections to BEY. Otherwise forget it.

Brazilians going to Midle-East, often do it troufg CDG.

Does Turkish goes to Israel?there´s quite a big jewish popultion there. MIght be a plus thing.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

gokmengs

Fri May 20, 2005 3:45 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 5):
there was a huge Arab-South American summit in Brazil last week. Maybe Turkey is along with the arabs to come down here, then a flight IST-GRU/GIG-EZE would be a worthy thing.

What has Arabs got to do with Turks?

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 9):
Does Turkish goes to Israel?there´s quite a big jewish popultion there. MIght be a plus thing.

TK flies to TLV 15x a week from IST.

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 8):
The two countries as part of a trade delegation simply signed a bilateral agreement allowing service. Just because one has an air service agreement in place with another nation does not mean there must be flights between the two nations.

Agreed, Laxintl! Any questions about TK he has the correct answers believe me. So any news about the A330's? New c/s? heard nice things about the IFE on those birds, do you have any updates for us?
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray

erikwilliam

Fri May 20, 2005 6:44 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 10):
What has Arabs got to do with Turks?

maybe they want proximity in business, there was a big summit Arabs-sout american last week in brazil.
But hey, I´m just guessing.

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 10):
TK flies to TLV 15x a week from IST.

that´s a good reason, connection to midle-east, maybe.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos