flylondon

UA (Air Wisconsin) - AF Interline?

Fri May 20, 2005 1:16 am

Can anyone here tell me if United and Air France have a baggage interline agreement?

I'm flying to Montreal on United/Air Wisconsin and then onwards to CDG with Air France on a paper ticket. Can I check my luggage through to CDG and can United check me in for my AF flight?

Many thanks

Alex

flyibaby

RE: UA (Air Wisconsin) - AF Interline?

Fri May 20, 2005 1:19 am

Yes. I believe all majors have agreements with most international carriers. If you have less that 2 hours connection time however, you might want to check it just to transfer point to AF and recheck with AF....just to ensure it gets there.

apodino

Fri May 20, 2005 2:46 am

Quoting Flyibaby (Reply 1):
If you have less that 2 hours connection time however, you might want to ciersheck it just to transfer point to AF and recheck with AF....just to ensure it gets there.

I don't agree with that. Remember that most of the ZW flights arrive in terminal 2 unless this is one of the odd flights stuck at B22 or on the C gates. Even so, the baggage is still delievered to Terminal 1 meaning he would have to walk to Terminal 1 to claim his bags, only to then have to catch the transport over to Terminal 5 for the AF flight. That takes a while right there, then security in terminal 5 and stuff. 2 hours just isn't enough time in my opinion. If they do have baggage checked all the way through, then I highly recommend using it. We are handled by Air Canada in YUL so I don't know how knowledgeable they are about it.

You could get real lucky and have the preclear computers in YUL go down, which would force the plane to arrive in Terminal 5 to clear customs in ORD. Believe it or not, this happened recently in YWG and two ZW CRJ's had to park at Terminal 5 so the passengers could clear customs.

flyyul

Fri May 20, 2005 7:46 am

Hi,

You will need to do the following

1.) Cross Canadian customs in Montreal, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PICK UP YOUR BAG AND RE-CHECK IT AT Macedonian Airlines (Greece)">IN AT THE Air France COUNTERS AT YUL

2.) Go to [url]http://www.airportwayfinder.com/yul/ [/url]

Make you do no.1 and no.2, otherwise you may have a tough time in Montreal connecting.