flylondon

UA (Air Wisconsin) - AF Interline?

Fri May 20, 2005 1:16 am

Can anyone here tell me if United and Air France have a baggage interline agreement?

I'm flying to Montreal on United/Air Wisconsin and then onwards to CDG with Air France on a paper ticket. Can I check my luggage through to CDG and can United check me in for my AF flight?

Many thanks

Alex

flyibaby

RE: UA (Air Wisconsin) - AF Interline?

Fri May 20, 2005 1:19 am

Yes. I believe all majors have agreements with most international carriers. If you have less that 2 hours connection time however, you might want to check it just to transfer point to AF and recheck with AF....just to ensure it gets there.

apodino

Fri May 20, 2005 2:46 am

Quoting Flyibaby (Reply 1):
If you have less that 2 hours connection time however, you might want to ciersheck it just to transfer point to AF and recheck with AF....just to ensure it gets there.

I don't agree with that. Remember that most of the ZW flights arrive in terminal 2 unless this is one of the odd flights stuck at B22 or on the C gates. Even so, the baggage is still delievered to Terminal 1 meaning he would have to walk to Terminal 1 to claim his bags, only to then have to catch the transport over to Terminal 5 for the AF flight. That takes a while right there, then security in terminal 5 and stuff. 2 hours just isn't enough time in my opinion. If they do have baggage checked all the way through, then I highly recommend using it. We are handled by Air Canada in YUL so I don't know how knowledgeable they are about it.

You could get real lucky and have the preclear computers in YUL go down, which would force the plane to arrive in Terminal 5 to clear customs in ORD. Believe it or not, this happened recently in YWG and two ZW CRJ's had to park at Terminal 5 so the passengers could clear customs.

flyyul

Fri May 20, 2005 7:46 am

Hi,

You will need to do the following

1.) Cross Canadian customs in Montreal, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PICK UP YOUR BAG AND RE-CHECK IT AT Macedonian Airlines (Greece)">IN AT THE Air France COUNTERS AT YUL

2.) Go to [url]http://www.airportwayfinder.com/yul/ [/url]

Make you do no.1 and no.2, otherwise you may have a tough time in Montreal connecting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos