ssides

North Dallas Chamber Calls For Phaseout Of Wright

Fri May 20, 2005 4:34 am

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont.../051905dnbuschamber.28d9840aa.html

SYNOPSIS: The North Dallas Chamber of Commerce has called for a phase-out of the Wright Amendment. Their proposal would include immediate elimination of the "through ticketing" rule, and gradually phase Wright out within 2 to 5 years.

Note that this is very different from the Love Field Citizens Action Committee, a neighborhood group that wants to keep the Wright Amendment in place.

To me, this definitely seems like a good first step. Let's eliminate the "through ticketing" rule and see what happens, then move forward. I think elimination of through-ticketing restrictions would give us a good idea of the impact of full repeal.

In other news, two nights ago, NBC News 5 here in the DFW area ran a sensationalized story about AA's plans to move some flights to DAL if Wright is repealed. It made it sound like big news, but AA has threatened this before. AA also said it would sue to expand its rights at DAL.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

us330

RE: North Dallas Chamber Calls For Phaseout Of Wright

Fri May 20, 2005 5:17 am

Finally, the city of Dallas uses some common sense.

ssides

Fri May 20, 2005 5:27 am

Of course, the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce is not part of the City of Dallas.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

OPNLguy

Fri May 20, 2005 10:15 am

I'm sure the DFW/AA folks will have a PR release on the keepdfwstrong website with their version of the "true" story in the next couple of days...  Yeah sure
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.