cgnnrw

DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 9:51 pm

Any news if any major US carriers are planning to return to DUS? Starting in June both DL & CO will be serving TXL. Hard to belive there is that much demand, even if Berlin is the German capital. DUS had very good service up to about a year or so ago. AA flew there until the mid-90s, then UA served ORD and then IAD for a while, CO flew to EWR for a few years. Even AC had service there. LH has a daily flight to EWR but that's the business only flight.

To me DUS makes more sense than TXL at the moment. The Rhine/Ruhr area has about 10 million people, the airport is relatively new, has excellent connections with German Rail. Any thoughts????

p.s. I'm new to the airliners.net so be patient/understanding with me. Thanks!
A330 man.

9V-SPF

RE: DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 9:58 pm

A problem for any US carrier entering the DUS market again would certainly be LH´s A319LR flight (operated by PrivatAir) that grabs away many high yielding C-Class passengers. However, I agree with you that two daily US-TXL flights are most probably a little too much at the moment. In order to prevent this overkill, we might well see CO or DL switching to DUS (or even CGN) next year.

cgnnrw

RE: DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 10:03 pm

I wouldn't mind either CO or DL, since both are in my alliance, Skyteam! However I wouldn't fly CO if they used a 757 on the route. Not good for such a long flight.

I believe LTU is also starting daily flights to NY but probably only seasonal, right?
A330 man.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos