cgnnrw

DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 9:51 pm

Any news if any major US carriers are planning to return to DUS? Starting in June both DL & CO will be serving TXL. Hard to belive there is that much demand, even if Berlin is the German capital. DUS had very good service up to about a year or so ago. AA flew there until the mid-90s, then UA served ORD and then IAD for a while, CO flew to EWR for a few years. Even AC had service there. LH has a daily flight to EWR but that's the business only flight.

To me DUS makes more sense than TXL at the moment. The Rhine/Ruhr area has about 10 million people, the airport is relatively new, has excellent connections with German Rail. Any thoughts????

p.s. I'm new to the airliners.net so be patient/understanding with me. Thanks!
A330 man.

9V-SPF

RE: DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 9:58 pm

A problem for any US carrier entering the DUS market again would certainly be LH´s A319LR flight (operated by PrivatAir) that grabs away many high yielding C-Class passengers. However, I agree with you that two daily US-TXL flights are most probably a little too much at the moment. In order to prevent this overkill, we might well see CO or DL switching to DUS (or even CGN) next year.

cgnnrw

RE: DUS-USA Flights Again Anytime Soon?

Sat May 21, 2005 10:03 pm

I wouldn't mind either CO or DL, since both are in my alliance, Skyteam! However I wouldn't fly CO if they used a 757 on the route. Not good for such a long flight.

I believe LTU is also starting daily flights to NY but probably only seasonal, right?
A330 man.