Pe@rson
Topic Author

Bulgaria Air: How Is It Performing?

Wed May 25, 2005 2:18 am

How is Bulgaria Air (what an awful name) performing? Is it profitable?

Its frequencies seem poor on certain important routes, like SOF-VIE (thrice-weekly!), and are certainly not indicative of demand, even when the competition is considered.

Will MUC ever be served by Bulgaria Air? It seems to be a very popular route with LH (thrice-DAILY).

I am pretty sure that VIE used to be served more than once-daily by Balkan Bulgarian.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

VS11

RE: Bulgaria Air: How Is It Performing?

Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
How is Bulgaria Air (what an awful name) performing? Is it profitable?

It is doing very well and it is profitable (I agree that the name is awful). Their website is www.air.bg, featuring contents in English too.

Their strategy is to add more destinations rather than frequencies as they want to operate fewer aircraft during the winter. They have managed to keep their fleet according to the seasonal demand and charter flights. So basically, they have not added more frequencies even to popular destinations such as Vienna, Paris or London as they do not want to take additional aircraft that will end up under utilized during the slower months. They have been great though adding new routes from Varna - my home town.  Smile

VS11