Westjet Terminal Change At YYZ

Wed May 25, 2005 12:41 pm

June 14th will mark the return of Westjet to Terminal 3 at YYZ...spotters will be happy to hear this...US Airways, United and LOT will also move to T1 later in the year...anyone else have more info?

RE: Westjet Terminal Change At YYZ

Wed May 25, 2005 7:03 pm

The south side of Pier E and the gates attached to the central processor between Pier E and F will open late this year. These gates are meant to be transborder dates with flexibility to swing to domestic. Since they are connected to customs they could be used for international as well (i.e. swing them to domestic departure layout but international arrivals). I haven't heard anything official about what they have decided to do when these gate become available... but if what you say is correct with US and UA moving to T1 that likely means that they have decided to keep international flights in the infield until the hammerhead on Pier F opens and have decided to use the other gates as transborder as they were originally intended to be used... which is great news... I didn't think the migration of transborder flights to T1 would be possible this early due to the large numbers of flights operating in T2.