FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Southwest Reservations

Mon May 30, 2005 1:31 am

Hey! As many of you know I'm going to college up near BDL. So, to get home I look for a low fare. Unfortuantly, my two prime choices are song and WN. WN doesn't book out far enough ahead. Thus, my Song fare has gone up $100+ while I wait for WN to come with their fare.

So my question is when will Thanksgiving. Christmas, and Janurary be available for booking on WN? I need to know this so I can see if it will be better for me to book song now or wait for WNs fare. Thank you!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

EMBQA

RE: Southwest Reservations

Mon May 30, 2005 1:37 am

I think in the 4 to 6 month range.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

nwcoflyer

Mon May 30, 2005 1:44 am

FLAAirport, You could try looking at all if the airlines. NW and US have fares of 163 before taxes. I think you should wait several months before booking. When looking this far out, the fares are often higher. With that said, I don't think 163 is too unreasonable.
The New American is arriving.

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2005 1:49 am

NYCOFlyer...i have a thread in polls and prefs explaining why I can't do the NW fare...I'll look at US. Most people in college up there book around now because BDL-FLL is highly seasonal and the seats for winter and fall sell out quick and early.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

FlyingTexan

Mon May 30, 2005 2:15 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Thread starter):
So my question is when will Thanksgiving. Christmas, and Janurary be available for booking on WN?

SWA usually loads 4 months ahead of time for another 1.5 month period.

Currently SWA is accepting bookings thru 28 OCT 05. Expect Thanksgiving to open up early to mid-July, Christmas and early January to open right around August 1.

When Thanksgiving opens up –the next round – you may be able to score a one-way ticket for Christmas break when finals are over. Then when Christmas/New Year’s opens, you will be able to get another one-way.

You want to get really nitty-gritty, more oft than not, Southwest loads a new schedule 10 AM Central.

Oh, and you’ll never experience a dreaded schedule change on SWA, alas Delta, United, American et al.

Edit to add – if you are robust, be prepared to purchase 2 tickets.  Wink

[Edited 2005-05-29 19:31:38]
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer