FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Southwest Reservations

Mon May 30, 2005 1:31 am

Hey! As many of you know I'm going to college up near BDL. So, to get home I look for a low fare. Unfortuantly, my two prime choices are song and WN. WN doesn't book out far enough ahead. Thus, my Song fare has gone up $100+ while I wait for WN to come with their fare.

So my question is when will Thanksgiving. Christmas, and Janurary be available for booking on WN? I need to know this so I can see if it will be better for me to book song now or wait for WNs fare. Thank you!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

EMBQA

RE: Southwest Reservations

Mon May 30, 2005 1:37 am

I think in the 4 to 6 month range.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

nwcoflyer

Mon May 30, 2005 1:44 am

FLAAirport, You could try looking at all if the airlines. NW and US have fares of 163 before taxes. I think you should wait several months before booking. When looking this far out, the fares are often higher. With that said, I don't think 163 is too unreasonable.
The New American is arriving.

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2005 1:49 am

NYCOFlyer...i have a thread in polls and prefs explaining why I can't do the NW fare...I'll look at US. Most people in college up there book around now because BDL-FLL is highly seasonal and the seats for winter and fall sell out quick and early.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

FlyingTexan

Mon May 30, 2005 2:15 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Thread starter):
So my question is when will Thanksgiving. Christmas, and Janurary be available for booking on WN?

SWA usually loads 4 months ahead of time for another 1.5 month period.

Currently SWA is accepting bookings thru 28 OCT 05. Expect Thanksgiving to open up early to mid-July, Christmas and early January to open right around August 1.

When Thanksgiving opens up –the next round – you may be able to score a one-way ticket for Christmas break when finals are over. Then when Christmas/New Year’s opens, you will be able to get another one-way.

You want to get really nitty-gritty, more oft than not, Southwest loads a new schedule 10 AM Central.

Oh, and you’ll never experience a dreaded schedule change on SWA, alas Delta, United, American et al.

Edit to add – if you are robust, be prepared to purchase 2 tickets.  Wink

[Edited 2005-05-29 19:31:38]
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos