premobrimo

Who Caters NW At MSP?

Mon May 30, 2005 12:47 pm

I was looking through Sky Chef's and Gate Gourmet's websites and didn't see MSP listed on either as having a presence there. Does anyone know who caters NW aircraft out of MSP? Thanks
Now You're Flying Smart.

burnsie28

RE: Who Caters NW At MSP?

Mon May 30, 2005 12:56 pm

Northwest  Wink All the catering trucks that pull up to the planes are Northwest equipment and employees.

premobrimo

Mon May 30, 2005 12:58 pm

Wow, i had no idea they did that. So I assume then that the airlines have their own catering at their large hubs where it would be useful.
Now You're Flying Smart.

Cessna172RG

Mon May 30, 2005 1:27 pm

Some airlines do their own catering, others contract out. What seems logical, is that a lot of airlines at hubs have their own catering. Airlines who have high operations at other airports such as focus cities often tend to have the jobs contracted out.

For example, I just started work with Horizon in their Food and Beverage operation in Seattle. They have their FABs in Seattle, Portland, and Boise. They are in the process of working with Menzies in Los Angeles to cater their flights that originate out of LAX.

Something of interest...

Food and Beverage does more than cater food. They provide cups, crew food, first aid kit replenishments, aircraft information cards, fun items for kids (coloring items, trading cards), toiletries for the aircraft, customs forms, just about anything that can and may be needed on just about any flight. Plus, many flights are loaded up for more than one leg.
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

sunking737

Mon May 30, 2005 10:45 pm

LSG Skychef has a large kitchen in MSP, NW employees using NW trucks cater NW planes. LSG does all the kitchen work up to the point of putting each flights catering equipment on the dock and NW crew load their trucks.

LSG caters just about everybody at MSP. Champion has their own truck and their employees cater their flights. They serve no food to the pax.

Sun Country has its own kitchen and its own employees cater their flights with food, hot food at that.
Just an MSPAVGEEK

jetjack74

Mon May 30, 2005 11:10 pm

MSP and SEA are the only stations that NW handles the actual catering of the aircraft. At all the rest, it's either Gate Gourmet or Skychefs.
Made from jets!