PITA333
Topic Author

AP Says: PIT Sees Hubbub Despite Loss Of Hub

Tue May 31, 2005 2:46 am

From the AP:
http://news.yahoo.com/newstmpl=story...p_on_bi_ge/us_airways_pittsburgh_1

I was suprised to hear that the airport hopes to get origin and destination traffic up to 5 million! Is this a realistic goal? I don't thik it is (for this year at least). Maby I'm missing something.

PITA333

Trvlr

RE: AP Says: PIT Sees Hubbub Despite Loss Of Hub

Tue May 31, 2005 3:33 am

Maybe I'm missing something too. To me, 5 million seems like an awfully low number for O&D traffic. I say this only because my home airport of San Diego handles around 15 million passengers per year, and the vast majority of those passengers are O&D, due to San Diego's geographic position and lack of connection opportunities. Are O&D passengers counted differently than annual passengers? Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that Pittsburgh is that small.

Aaron G.

luv2fly

RE: AP Says: PIT Sees Hubbub Despite Loss Of Hub

Tue May 31, 2005 3:36 am

Quoting Trvlr (Reply 1):
Maybe I'm missing something too. To me, 5 million seems like an awfully low number for O&D traffic. I say this only because my home airport of San Diego handles around 15 million passengers per year, and the vast majority of those passengers are O&D, due to San Diego's geographic position and lack of connection opportunities. Are O&D passengers counted differently than annual passengers? Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that Pittsburgh is that small.

Aaron G.

You have to remember that PIT is located in a region that is depressed job wise and growth as well.
You can cut the irony with a knife