modesto2

DL Domestic 763 Service

Tue May 31, 2005 5:24 am

I'm flying SFO-ATL and ATL-JAX on Friday, both 763 equipment. What type of food service can I expect in economy class? Entertainment? Will these be domestic or international 763's? Any other info is appreciated. Thanks.

DAL767400ER

RE: DL Domestic 763 Service

Tue May 31, 2005 6:30 am

Quoting Modesto2 (Thread starter):
What type of food service can I expect in economy class?

Food in economy, good joke  rotfl . Honestly, I don't know, but I wouldn't expect too much of it, though ATL-JAX will be a choice of water, pineapple juice or a third choice.

Entertainment?

Cabin screens with perhaps 1 movie on SFO-ATL, a short sitcom on ATL-JAX; and radio on both flights.

Will these be domestic or international 763's?

Unless an equipment swap happens, both will be domestic-763ERs.

Any other info is appreciated.

Arrival gate at JAX will be either A-2 or A-4  Wink .

tinpusher007

Tue May 31, 2005 6:35 am

Can't speak for SFO-ATL...but ATL-JAX is about 40 mins from takeoff to touchdown, so I would expect very little and for that length of time...I'd be content just looking out the window, but thats just me.
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

rwsea

Tue May 31, 2005 6:37 am

I flew SEA-ATL on a 763 last week. Expect the following on SFO-ATL:

Food: You'll get a snack pack (oreos, raisins, cheese and crackers) and a drink service shortly after takeoff. Prior to landing, you'll get another drink service, and a choice of one item from their cart (items included peanuts, granola bars, sun chips, animal crackers).

Entertainment: One film, followed by Delta Horizons (sitcom, news, etc.)

As far as the ATL-JAX, I'm not sure what the service will be. I flew ATL-BNA (about the same distance?) and there was no service of any kind, other than the FAs handing out water bottles mid-flight. However, there was an announcement at the gate that there would be no food or beverage service, which is fine for a short flight.

deltairlines

Tue May 31, 2005 6:39 am

Both flights are scheduled on 767-300s in the domestic config. Flights in the 1XX and the 19XX series are BizElite configured flights for domestic flights.

Entertainment will be mainscreen, nothing special. After the movie, Delta Horizons will be shown; this will be the same on the ATL-JAX flights.

For food, you'll get the snack box, which is some crackers, Oreos, not much. If you want a meal, grab it at SFO.

Your flights will probably use the T or A gates, which is a pretty easy connection. There is a slight chance of using B, which is just as convinient. Your flight, as it isn't a BE plane, probably won't use E, but it is possible.

Jeff

VS747SPUR

Tue May 31, 2005 7:09 am

I have done and MCO-ATL on DL's domestic 763's and found them to be comfortable. Although flight was only about an hour we still got served drinks, but that was it !
VS747SPUR
Fly DL

ChiGB1973

Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 am

I am not sure about domestic, but SNN-ATL on DL is the best service I have ever experienced. I am not sure if it was just this crew, but more services, more attention, great flight attendants.

Any moron could beat EI, but DL beats AA, BA, GF, LH, CO and most others I have flown on for 5+ hours. UA comes close.

Great service! I hope for the best for you.

M

Reggaebird

Tue May 31, 2005 7:20 am

I fly DL between ATL and LAX/SFO quite frequently but I always get upgraded to First Class so I can't tell you what economy service is like.  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos