727EMflyer
Topic Author

How Common/valuable 1st Level Elite?

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:18 am

Well thanks to an influx of overseas business travel, I earned Mileage Plus Premier Status on United recently and was feeling pretty good about it until recently. A friend of mine who has been premier for a couple of years and who will be premier executive soon said being premier isn't really good for anything. So now I am wondering what percentage of the traveling public actually is enrolled in a frequent flyer program, and what percentage of those have made the junior elite levels like premier or silver? Further, how valuable do elite flyers see their perks as?

avek00

RE: How Common/valuable 1st Level Elite?

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:26 am

I'm a CO Silver Elite and find the perks EXTREMELY valuable - I get upgraded approximately 95% of the time, and the priority Elite Desk, check-in, boarding, and security screening lanes cut down on hassle bigtime.
Live life to the fullest.

PITA333

RE: How Common/valuable 1st Level Elite?

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:32 am

I find the perks as a US Dividend Miles Silver member nice. I get priority security, boarding, check-in, as well as unlimited e-upgrades. I also get black out date exemptions. Over all, what more can you ask for in a silver elite?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos