VirginA340
Topic Author

Anyone From England In This Forum

Wed Apr 19, 2000 1:23 am

I would like to know on how far LHR, GAT and Stansted are from Central London in miles. I plan to fly to London this year on either Virgin or Continental. Continental flies to GAT but virgin flies to LHR. I would also like to know on how long the driving time from Central London to these three airports is? I know that LHR is much closer and GAT is much farther away but not as much as Stansted which is almsot out in the countryside
"FUIMUS"

shankly

RE: Anyone From England In This Forum

Wed Apr 19, 2000 1:55 am

First GAT = LGW.

You don't say were your flying from but Virgin also fly into LGW from Boston.

LHR is about 15/20 miles outside Central London (normally measured from Charing Cross). It is linked to London by Rail to Paddington, Tube into Central London, many buses and the M4 motorway.

Gatwick is a little further out, but has excellent rail links to Victoria (30 mins) and is close to the M23 which links into the M25 London orbital.

Stansted (STN) (no 'a') is about 40 miles from central London. It also now has good rail links into Liverpool Street (45 mins) in the financial centre of London (trains every 15 minutes). It is also close to the M11 motorway, which as long as it is not being dug up, links well with the M25 and other London roads.

There are also buses which link all three airports.

Assuming you are coming from the states, why not try something different and fly EL AL into Stansted from NY??

Hope thats useful.
L1011 - P F M

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos