hpB737100

America West's New Airbus Interiors

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:57 am

I would like to know if anyone has been on a America west airbus with the new leather seats in coach and first class. If anyone can please give me your opipons

flyboyaz

RE: America West's New Airbus Interiors

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:58 am

I haven't been on them, but have pictures of them. They look very very nice.
Catch a ride on a smile!

phxplanes

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:25 am

Are you sure about the leather seats in coach. My dad works for America West and he has heard nothing about it. I have never seen them when I fly either. That would be nice if they have them now though. Can you post any pictures that you have so I can see what they look like. They have the nice greenish seats that look nice.

Bridogger6

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:36 am

No the new leather seats are real. The only problem I see is that all of the new seats have the America West logo engrained on them. So far, these seats are only being installed on our new delieveries but when the other aircraft go to the hanger, they are supposed to be refitted with these seats as well. Although these plans may have been nixed, unless they are just going to stop putting the HP logo in the back of all the seats. I have flown in them as well in coach. They are very comfortable and provide much better back support than their original counterparts and they make the plane smell like leather!

HAL

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:37 pm

Yes, it's very comfortable. I've had a chance to ride on N675AW in first and in coach and they're both better than the older seats.

I've flown it as F/O on a short trip out of LAS too, but the cockpit still has the same seats.  Wink

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

HPRamper

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:39 pm

We had one in Portland a couple weeks ago, very very comfortable. Coach might as well be FC.
They originally cost twice as much as the old seats, but last three times longer and are much easier to clean, avoiding problems (even delays) caused by spillages or damage to those cloth seats.

HP is eventually going to all-leather interiors.