Xkorpyoh
Topic Author

Boeing Exhibit At STL (Prologue Room)

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:32 am

Has anybody in the St Louis area been to this exhibit? It is open for the summer only until 3SEP. Is it worth a visit?
http://i-newswire.com/pr23095.html
http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices...utus/tours/prologueroom/flash.html

I am also considering a visit to the Airline History Museum in Kansas just because i love the Connie and have never been inside. Is it worth the detour?
http://www.airlinehistorymuseum.com/museum.htm

777STL

RE: Boeing Exhibit At STL (Prologue Room)

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:36 am

I was there a long time ago, it's pretty cool, especially the space capsules.

BTW: The prologue room is at Bldg 100, it's not actually at Lambert.
PHX based

Xkorpyoh
Topic Author

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:40 am

Thnks 777STL...
The room looks small in the pictures. I guess you can see in an hour or so.
what about the one in Kansas CIty,have you been there? .... can you actually get inside the Connie?

STLUAL747

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:45 am

Well I have been to the Airline History Museum. It has a lot of stuff for being in a very small building. They also have quite a few older planes that they are restoring, and you can go in the passenger planes. If you get lucky like I did you will get to see the Connie start up its engines. They do this every once in a while just so she doesn't sit there not running. The things in the museum range from Charles Lindberg, and mail planes like he flew, to the flight attendants of the 50s and how strict the requirements were for them. My tour guide was on of the first FA for TWA and she has some good stories to tell. It is a cool place to learn about the history of the airlines. I enjoyed it. Another reason it is cool is because it sits on the Kansas City Downtown Airport and you can go on its tarmac through the Museum without even being screened or checked by any security. I thought that was strange but I guess since it is not a very large airport you don't have to be screened to get on the tarmac.

Josh

Yes you can get inside the Connie!!

[Edited 2005-06-02 21:47:04]
Lonely in Deserted St. Louis.

777STL

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:47 am

I'd guess you could see it in 20 minutes or so, the room is pretty small. I've never been to KC, sorry. That room has been there a while though, I was there 15 years ago or so, so things may have changed.
PHX based

STLUAL747

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:57 am

Now that I look at the pictures of the Prologue Room I think I was there when I was about 5. I don't remember much about either. I think I had fun though. LOL. Good luck on your trips you happen to go on them.

Josh
Lonely in Deserted St. Louis.