AC_A340
Topic Author

Any Transport Canada Dispatchers?

Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:56 am

If there is anyone here who is a dispatcher in Canada, I'm interested in hearing how you went about doing that, and what your jobs are like.

captaingomes

RE: Any Transport Canada Dispatchers?

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:59 pm

*bump*

I'm also interested in getting any feedback on this, although I don't think there are any on this forum. Perhaps posting elsewhere is a better bet. Have you written the exams yet, or are you still researching the idea?
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

AC_A340
Topic Author

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:35 pm

I'm still just researching the idea. The Transport Canada website doesn't seem to provide too many details.

captaingomes

Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:54 am

There are a couple of options for courses in the Toronto area, although I don't know where you are geographically. It seems to me that it is easier to get a job as a flight dispatcher if you do something else first for a company, then apply as a position becomes available. Good luck if you end up taking that route!

What I'm wondering is how what it is like to be a dispatcher at Air Canada, what the conditions are like there, and how hard it is to get in.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster