ETStar
Topic Author

Lufthansa And Ethiopian Announce Cooperation

Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:11 am

Lufthansa German Airlines has signed a memorandum of understanding with Ethiopian Airlines to develop better connecting flights to Eastern Africa.

Commenting on the partnership, the chief executive officer of the Ethiopian carrier, Mr. Ato Girma said: "today marks our engagement; a time will come when we will have our wedding. Lufthansa was a partner during the good times but not to forget also during the very bad times. A proof of real good partnership. A partnership of over 35 years as Lufthansa has been flying to Addis Ababa since 1969', he said.

According to the Vice President, Sales and Services (South East Europe, Middle East and Pakistan), Mr. Joachim Steinbach, Lufthansa and Ethiopian Airlines agreed to collaborate intensively to develop better connection flights to Eastern Africa.

Within the strategic cooperation, both airlines pursue to enlarge flight schedule in the East African region developing new flight destinations with the first step being to coordinate flight schedules of both carriers so as to create faster and more comfortable connections for passengers travelling to and out of the Ethiopian capital.

from http://allafrica.com/stories/200506030589.html

Can't wait to see what this will mean, when it comes to the next season's schedules.

MaverickM11

RE: Lufthansa And Ethiopian Announce Cooperation

Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:26 am

I don't think this means anything for me but I'm trying to nonrev on Lufthansa to Ethiopia for Thanksgiving 2005 but the connection through FRA is already very good.
E pur si muove -Galileo