Womack17
Topic Author

FYI: 3 Hours Of Air Emergency Shows On NGC

Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 am

For those who may be interested - The National Geographic Channel (NGC) (Channel 276 on Directv) will be airing three back to back episodes of Air Emergency style shows - All of the episodes are repeats but they are still very griping.

8:00 Eastern/Pacific - Seconds from Disaster: "Collision on the Runway - On March 27, 1977, a Pan Am 747 and a KLM 747 crash into each other on a runway causing 583 deaths."

9:00 Eastern/Pacific - Air Emergency: "Flying on Empty When a large commercial jet runs out of fuel, catastrophe often results"
I believe this episode deals with the Air Transat 330 to Lisbon that ran out of fuel and made an emergency landing in the Canary Islands as the big 330 was nothing more than a glider when it slammed hard into the runway.

10:00 Eastern/Pacific - Air Emergency: "One Wing Flight - On August 21, 1995 the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) Flight 529 is forced to make an emergency landing when a wing falls off."
Oh how I miss Midway Airlines. A class act right to then end.

Newark777

RE: FYI: 3 Hours Of Air Emergency Shows On NGC

Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:00 am

Thank you so much for reminding me.  cloudnine 

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Womack17
Topic Author

RE: FYI: 3 Hours Of Air Emergency Shows On NGC

Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:25 am

Your welcome - I find that these are always very well done.

As far as the convincing performance of the actors in the re-creations, I still believe that the episode on the Alaska MD-80 that crashed off the coast of LA was absolutely superb. That "cockpit" performance was simply excellent.
Oh how I miss Midway Airlines. A class act right to then end.