ORDSPOTTER
Topic Author

LOT Pilots Caught In Drug Smuggling Ring.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:42 pm

I just got back from Poland from a two week vacation, and I tell you that everyone was talking about this. From what I heard and read in the newspapers, a few LOT Polish Airlines pilots were caught smuggling drugs to Poland. From what they said was that a few pilots were smuggling illegal drugs in their suitcases on flights arriving from the U.S. This was found after a undercover probe was started into the situation. I left soon after this was reveled to the public. I don't know what is going to happen now. My question is that do pilots get checked or searched often or not at all. I couldn't find news about this in the U.S. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
SHIT ALWAYS ROLLS DOWNHILL

777ER
Crew

RE: LOT Pilots Caught In Drug Smuggling Ring.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:02 pm

Why would people be so stupid and risk their jobs?

Mexicana757

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Quoting ORDSPOTTER (Thread starter):
My question is that do pilots get checked or searched often or not at all.

I asked myself that question too. How were they able to do this.

Did you try to check some of the news websites from Poland to find anymore info? And I'm sure there are weekly Polish newspapers published here in Chicago since we have Polish news broadcasts and some programs on regular tv channel 34 during the evening.

zeekiel

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:46 pm

I think I heard a similar thing told about pilots in Australia. One of the major news broadcasters supposedly implicated pilots in drug smuggling.

Cheers

Zeekiel
Bring back the New Zealand Air Combat Force

zvezda

Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 1):
Why would people be so stupid and risk their jobs?

Profits are very high because many governments require recreational drugs to be sold on the black market. Countries that permit recreational drugs to be sold in pharmacies don't have these problems.

ORDSPOTTER
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:25 pm

I tried to find out as much as I could here in Chicago, But with no luck. Sorry guys

Cheers

Mark
SHIT ALWAYS ROLLS DOWNHILL

c5onknees

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:52 pm

An ANG C-5 crew out of Stewart New York got caught a couple weeks ago smuggling the largest amount of ecstacy into the U.S. ever recorded from AMS.

TANS

Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:06 am

Peruvian AeroContinente has several planes impounded in Chile because the company itself was allegedly smuggling drugs (specifically cocaine). A few years ago a diplomat from Panama was arrested in Miami because he was transporting drugs in his carry-on. This just goes to show that the profits that can be made from this trade are enormous and terribly tempting.

(I assumer we are talking about drugs like cocaine and similar, not pharmaceuticals).