schipholjfk

Airlines Warn Of Pension Problems

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:23 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200...oday/airlineswarnofpensionproblems

CEOs of Northwest and Delta Air Lines told Congress Tuesday they'll need bankruptcy court protection unless lawmakers give them longer to pay pension obligations.

Here we go... we all saw this coming right after the UA decision? One by one U.S. legacies will dump their pension plans on tax payers!
The fun of flying... love it !!!

rsmith6621a

RE: Airlines Warn Of Pension Problems

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:34 am

Yep.......ALL Thanks to UAL.

This show is not only going to be appearing in the airlines but mark my word Microsoft one day will be doing the same........The worker in the USA is being reclassified to lower than Bat Dung what you worked and put away for probably is not there in the first place....it has been spent on big corporate EXECs bonuses.

Here is looking at you Glenn....Glenn is at the far left without horns
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

StevenUhl777

Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:29 am

Looks like Steenland of NWA is bored out of his skull and wishes he were on the links instead!

Tilton looks as if he's saying: "Ha...I've done what I had to do, now you two clowns are up next!"
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

RAMPRAT980

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:59 pm

The loophole is now being exploited by Delta/NWA. What a shame.
With gun control there can be no democracy.. With gun control there can be no Freedom

galapagapop

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:51 pm

I still can't believe UA got rid of their pensions, thanks to that judge. Now everyone and their dog will want to dump theirs. Although its only fair as how is NW going to compete with UA if UA doesn't have to fund a 3+ billion dollar pension plan. And of coarse UA is still in BK and has yet again pushed it back.