777boi
Topic Author

All Flights Delayed Out Of DXB Today!

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:50 pm

What a mess.... Due to a power outage in the whole of Dubai, all flights out of DXB international have been delayed indefinatly! Anyone have any ideas on when the power will be back on??? U would think that a city and also an airport like Dubai would have a back up plan would'nt u?

lazyshaun

RE: All Flights Delayed Out Of DXB Today!

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:54 pm

I wonder whether that has anything with me seeing an A330 EK today at LHR, when normally it isn't due until the evening...
I came. I saw. I conquered

HAWK21M

Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:46 pm

Quoting 777boi (Thread starter):
U would think that a city and also an airport like Dubai would have a back up plan would'nt u?

The Airport Def would.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

TUGMASTER

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:12 pm

The A330 at LHR might be the aircraft that came in on the 6th with engine problems.... part of the # 2 engine where the blade connects to the core? was damaged... the spacer? in between the blades was missing and the aircraft was eventually towed to BA hangars for some sort of repair.

rgds

T

teva

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:33 pm

the power outage was about 3 hours long.
Because of this, I may not be able to complete my tasks and may have to stay over the weekend
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

Feroze

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:31 am

9.47am: Dubai suffers major disruption after a power cut, affecting more than 1m people hits the emirate.

10.00am: Delays start to hit Dubai International Airport as check-in and bag checking has to be done manually. Although the airport has it’s own generators, nine flights were delayed because of the cut.

10.30am: Traffic congestion around major intersections in Dubai as the power cut disables traffic lights.

12.00pm: Power is gradually starting to be restored across Dubai as engineers frantically try to fix the problem. Electricity is restored to Emaar’s massive Emirates Hills development which includes the Springs, the Meadows, the Lakes and the Greens.

2.00pm: Power is restored at the business hubs of Media City and Internet City, however the usually bustling centres resemble ghost towns as most staff have been sent home by this point. Around 80 per cent of the city has power again, according to UAE official news agency WAM.

2.30pm: The electricity is back on in Deira, according to the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority.

3.30pm: Emirates Towers and other buildings in the trade centre area of Dubai around the Shaikh Zayed Road finally get power restored more than five an a half hours after the cut.

5.00pm: Electricity is on in most of the city once again, Bur Dubai is one of the last areas to have the supply restored.

(from www.gulfnews.com)

AirWales

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:50 am

Scary really - with Dubai being a very new and modern city.

trekster

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:52 am

So far its been the eastern seaboard in the States, Russia, Now DXB,

where next??????????????
Where does the time go???

planespotterx

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 am

Dont forget London that one time too, in which people travelling on the tube had to use other methods of getting to LHR, LGW in the rush-hour too.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

EK156

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:59 am

Ahhhh the agony!!!! I had to keep cool but staying in the car cause is was sooooooooooooo hot!!!

The traffic was soooooo bad that most offices closed their doors and told their employees to go home!!! There was a major frustration in the roads cause it was a very hot day!!! Nevertheless, there were no thefts reported or any kind of vandalism. Makes me proud of Dubai and it's safe residents!

Anyways all is back to normal now... wonder what exactly happended... this same kinda blackout happened recently and alot of officials were forced to resign!!! Let's see what happens this time!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos