Lindy
Topic Author

Help With ATL Airport.

Fri Apr 21, 2000 2:32 am

Hi All.

I have a question. Next weekend I'll be flying to ATL from IAD on Delta. I will meet a girl over there but ATL airport is so big that I have no idea where to meet her. I dont know which terminal I will arrive to and I called Delta and they couldnt help me.
So any one of you can help me????
And also where is nice place in Atlanta to spend time with her???? Any suggestions for nice restaurant?

Thanks in advance
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

KALB

RE: Help With ATL Airport.

Fri Apr 21, 2000 2:45 am

When she gets to ATL she should look on the "Arrivals" monitors in the Delta check- in area to determine the gate at which your flight will arrive. It will arrive at a gate at A,B, or the T concourse. There are directions to the T concourse which is the nearest to the terminal. For A and B the best way is to take the automated subway train. Again follow signs to security check point and take escalator down to the transportation mall. Trains depart every 2 min.

In Atlanta, I recommend the CNN center, the Coca-Cola exhibit, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Turner Field. Try Miss Pitty-Pat's Porch for great Southern cooking.

jrlander

Fri Apr 21, 2000 3:30 am

The idea of meeting her at the gate is a good one. However, as an Atlanta resident, DO NOT GO TO UNDERGROUND, THE WORLD OF COKE, MISS PITTY-PAT'S PORCH, OR TURNER FIELD. If you want good restaurants, go to the Midtown station of MARTA and head towards Piedmont Park. There are many restaurants in the immediate area. Also, the High Museum of Art is a wonderful museum and nearby. I personally live about two blocks from it.

Lindy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 21, 2000 11:43 pm

Thanks a lot guys!
It really helps. And I have one more question. Those that train run every two minutes at night? I mean, my flight back is 11:45pm so do I have to be there hour or so earlier or I can just take my time and easy catch my plane?

Thanks
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

jrlander

Fri Apr 21, 2000 11:58 pm

The airport train runs often at night, but not that often. The MARTA trains to the airport do not. They run about every 20 minutes at night.