MaverickM11
Topic Author

Nonreving On BA/LH From DEN On 6/15 Questions...

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:06 am

I'm trying to fly out on either LH or BA to Europe on 6/15 from DEN and I have a couple questions. I know it's tight so no need to tell me that but if you can answer any of these questions I'd greatly appreciate it!

1) How many nonrevs are there on either flight (DEN-LHR or DEN-FRA) this Wednesday 6/15?
2) Y is sold out on both LH and BA, but the premium classes look relatively open; if the only open seats are in F or C, will LH or BA give me a F or C seat?
3) If Y is overbooked, which it probably is for both, do they upgrade the overbooked pax to F or C?

I feel pretty confident that I'll get on one of the two flights assuming they open up at least C to nonrevs. I plan on wearing my Sunday best since that sometimes helps. Any other info would be great; feel free to email me privately.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Kahala777

RE: Nonreving On BA/LH From DEN On 6/15 Questions...

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:13 am

Isnt 6-15, typically the date at which shoulder season becomes high season?

Aloha,

Kahala777

ORD777

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:21 am

I can't speak for BA, but LH should let you in C (definitely not F). They will upgrade people booked in Y to C to make room for the overbookings. So basically the back will fill up before business class does. I would say you have a very very good change of being in C on Wednesday.

I wouldn't be too worried about Y being overbooked. Today, ORD-MUC was overbooked by over 30 seats and it went out with 20 empty (not sure in what classes).

If you're flying LH back from Europe you should buy a business class ID ticket. LH is very strict about upgraded nonrevs with Y tickets out of Europe, mostly becuase of some tax regulations that exist in DE. Also depends a lot on the agent. I've been fortune enough to get C from Europe, but I hear that is a rarity.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:24 am

"I can't speak for BA, but LH should let you in C (definitely not F). They will upgrade people booked in Y to C to make room for the overbookings. So basically the back will fill up before business class does. I would say you have a very very good change of being in C on Wednesday. "

Thanks for the info!

"I wouldn't be too worried about Y being overbooked. Today, ORD-MUC was overbooked by over 30 seats and it went out with 20 empty (not sure in what classes). "

That's what I suspected...so I'm not too concerned.

"If you're flying LH back from Europe "

I'm flying AF back from CDG to wherever they can take me in the US so I'm not worried about that.
E pur si muove -Galileo

ORD777

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:29 am

I forgot to add, that even if there is availabitly in Y that they will probably give you C if there is room. What airline do you have your ID agreement from? (If you dont mind me asking.) Also, not sure if you have access to the specific loads, but tomorrow at work I can let you know the exact numbers.

DLKAPA

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 am

Just a little food for thought, I believe the LH flight goes out normally on a 90% or higher LF, while BA is at around 70%. Something to think about when trying to nonrev.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:40 am

"Just a little food for thought, I believe the LH flight goes out normally on a 90% or higher LF, while BA is at around 70%. Something to think about when trying to nonrev."

BA leaves a couple hours after LH so that works out well since LH is my first choice.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BAxMAN

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:42 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 5):
Just a little food for thought, I believe the LH flight goes out normally on a 90% or higher LF, while BA is at around 70%. Something to think about when trying to nonrev.

How on Earth did you work that out?
I need to get laid

ORD777

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:41 pm

Here are the loads for your LH447 on 6-15.

F 11 open, 2 standbys
C 12 Open, 2 Standbys
M -32, 10 Standbys

So with all standbys listed the load is -23.

JGPH1A

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:51 pm

For BA218/15JUN, they have reduced the J cabin to make more W and W seats available.

Currently figures are

J CAP 36, Adjustment -9, Unsold 4
W CAP 24, Adjustment +4, Unsold 1
M CAP 214, Adjustment +5, Unsold -2 (ie. overbooked by 2)

Currently 7 standby staff listed.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:07 am

Fantastic. Thanks a lot!
E pur si muove -Galileo

Speedbird2155

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:14 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):

Based on the figures you've provided, it appears that M currently has a total of 221 booked (214 cap + 5 adj + 2 oversold), W has 27 booked and J has 23 booked (36 - 9 adj - 4 unsold). Would say that this flight should easily clear once noshows are factored in. I've seen worse.

JGPH1A

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 am

Quoting Speedbird2155 (Reply 11):
I've seen worse

Oh, me too. Try any flight out of DEL on a Friday  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:29 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):
Adjustment -9,

What do you mean by this? 9 seats are being held or there are 9 fewer seats on this particular aircraft?
E pur si muove -Galileo

JGPH1A

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:52 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 13):
What do you mean by this? 9 seats are being held or there are 9 fewer seats on this particular aircraft?

No, it means that in the inventory for the flight, they have taken some of the J cabin seat availability and "given" it to Premium Economy and Economy, to better adjust to the probably overbooking ratio. The cabin layout is not affected, in actual fact it just means that 9 lucky high-tier Exec Card holders and/or full-fare W/M pax have already been upgraded, they just don't know it yet.

LHSTR

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:37 am

Giving out such detailed information is certainly not in the interest of both LH and BA.

IMHO users should refrain from giving detailed information about load factors to the general public. There is a reason airlines do not give detailed information on how many seats are available and code it in some lower numbers E.g. 9s or 7s, in GDSs.

By working for an airline you are supposed to work in the interest of it. Giving out sensitive information, see the Air Canada and Westjet Problem, is by no means helping your employer!

JGPH1A

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:06 pm

Quoting LHSTR (Reply 15):
There is a reason airlines do not give detailed information on how many seats are available and code it in some lower numbers E.g. 9s or 7s, in GDSs.

A couple of days before departure, this load information is not THAT commercially sensitive, as any airline worth it's salt will have a full plane anyway. It's not like I gave out passenger names.

Quoting LHSTR (Reply 15):
Giving out sensitive information, see the Air Canada and Westjet Problem, is by no means helping your employer!

What was the AC/Westjet problem ? And I don't work for an airline.

LHSTR

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:17 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 16):
What was the AC/Westjet problem ? And I don't work for an airline.

Westjet supposedly gained load factor information through a former AC employee then working for Westjet.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 16):
A couple of days before departure, this load information is not THAT commercially sensitive, as any airline worth it's salt will have a full plane anyway. It's not like I gave out passenger names.

If it is not that sensitive, why are the airlines not giving out the information themselves? I am sure that BA would not like to have an Amadeus employee give out load information.

JGPH1A

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:16 pm

Quoting LHSTR (Reply 17):
I am sure that BA would not like to have an Amadeus employee give out load information.

I'm sure they don't mind if the flight in question is already full.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos