sfilipowicz

What The Story On This Martinair B737?

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:54 pm

Hi All,

For a while if been wondering what the story is on this Martinair 737

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Diego Alonso Romero Alvarado

Looking from the photo locations, it flies charter flights in the Caribbean.
Is there any more info on this?

Thanks!

TriStar500

RE: What The Story On This Martinair B737?

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:02 pm

It is wetleased from Miami Air for feeder flights between MP's MIA operation and a variety of destinations in the Caribbean.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

miaskies

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:48 pm

It has a "Florida Hub" as it schedules flights from both MIA (primarily) and MCO to San Jose, Costa Rica etc...
Nothing better than making love at 35K Feet!

sfilipowicz

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:05 pm

Ok thanks for the info!

So do I understand correct that travellers from AMS going to for example SJO Costa Rica will fly AMS-MIA and then MIA-SJO?

TriStar500

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:07 pm

Exactly.  Smile

The message you were about to post is too short and probably not of any higher value to the topic at hand. You should think long and hard before posting a message in this forum and make it detailed and a valuable addition to the topic discussed.

Avoid posting "Me Too" messages. These are messages that are posted by people who agree to a point being discussed and post a one liner, "me too!", "Good post Jim!", "I disagree" or similar message. This takes up time as readers must sort through these messages which have no real value to the group at large. Any message containing nothing more than a line or two of text is probably not worth posting.

If you have an opinion on a topic, you should in detail express why you have the opinion and what made you come to that conclusion.

Your post should be relevant to the topic discussed.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

miaskies

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Right, before MP would route the 763 AMS-MIA-SJO, now they just do AMS-MIA on 763 and MIA-SJO on 738. In tern, MP increased their service to MIA from AMS since the demise of KLM from MIA last year. I believe they fly 12x weekly flights now.
Nothing better than making love at 35K Feet!

Joost

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:38 pm

Next to the flights to MIA, they also operate 4 flights/week to MCO, and they are also flying MCO-SJO. There are also a few non-stop AMS-SJO flights.

Looking at their website, it seems that they do offer this MIA-SJO and MCO-SJO flights for sale in the US. Is this 5th freedom a part of the US-Netherlands open skies agreement, like NW can also sell tickets AMS-BOM and AMS-BLR?

And, in this open skies agreement, what else is possible? Could a Dutch carrier also fly AMS-MCO-MIA, selling MCO-MIA? And also, could a US airline sell AMS-ATL-AUA?