PVD757
Topic Author

Am Applies For DGO-ORD Service

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:11 am

Looks like AeroMexico wants to run 2x weekly service from Durango to Chicago beginning 7/6/05 with a MD87.

I must say that MX and AM are agressively adding trans-border routes lately...

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...m?documentid=335851&docketid=21605

[Edited 2005-06-16 22:11:44]

[Edited 2005-06-16 22:12:09]

ghost77

RE: Am Applies For DGO-ORD Service

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:19 am

Good news for Mexico! Perhaps more of this from MX and AM will be seen shortly! I think this movements are because they finally getting more B737s which increase the daily hours utility per aircraft in fleet compared to MD80s.

Ricardo APM
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

FriendlySkies

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:58 am

Is this Durango, CO? Can it even support a flight direct from Chicago?

PVD757
Topic Author

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:59 am

Durango, Mexico (DGO)...

airportplan

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:31 am

For those of you who don't know, many Chicagoans of Mexican decent come from the region around Durango, MX. Many of these people make regular trips back to Mexico. Aeromexico may be trying to take advantage this traffic.

Cubsrule

Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:07 am

...and with no other carriers in the market, it ought to be pretty much automatic for AM, and that's a good thing for everyone in Chicago and Durango, not just those of Mexican descent.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

BGOODAM

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:04 am

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 1):
With all the tax-free money they've been getting from the Mexican Government shuttling illegal aliens, why wouldn't they be looking to expand to more American destinations???

Please elaborate, what "tax-free money"? Correct me if i'm wrong, U.S. airlines are still flying while on Chp 11, U.S. airlines get billions of dollars on loans to survive to keep coming down south, to our beaches, tourist destinations and what not to survive because thats where the money is at.
So, who is getting what from who?

nomorerjs

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:09 am

As Cubsrules points out, there are many residents in Chicago from Durango. MX dropped this route when the pulled out of DGO, but there is demand for service. Good move on AMs part. This route should do very well, especially during the holidays.

Mexicana757

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:11 pm

Glad to see DGO being operated by AM. Well MX reason for leaving the route was because of poor loads. Thats what MX told the local media (Univision station) here in Chicago. That flight will do good during the summer months too.

LatinPlane

Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:55 am

If AM wants to establish a presence in ORD, they need to add more interior Mexican destinations like DGO, GDL, ZCT, MLM, and such because MEX - ORD itself is is not strong. Anyone could have figured that one out! I don't know why they make such planning mistakes with their route planning (Or, should I say "I do know why...).

And they should really establish a presence in ORD, with the Mexican presence in the city, it is ludicrous for them not to be able to establish themselves in the market and make it work. Instead of just playing around helping fellow CINTRA MX keep their market from Aviacsa, they could very easily make it a very lucrative one for them. These people... (por eso estamos como estamos!)

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

EddieDude

Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:20 am

Well, I don't know LatinPlane. I recall that, when I lived in Hyde Park in Chicago for a year, I flew 5 or 6 times between ORD and MEX and AM always had very attractive fares. However, I believe that MX, AA and UA have much more recognition in the market and, if AM had priced its flights higher, it would not have been able to sell so many seats. At the end, despite good loads, margins were non-existent so AM had to pull the plug. On the other hand, it was possible to find lower fares with 6A via MTY and with CO via MTY. In other words, those whose number one concern was not low fares and had loyalty to oneworld or Star Alliance, never chose AM, and those who wanted rock-bottom fares and did not care about connecting did not go for AM either.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos