Scooter
Topic Author

America West Livery Differences

Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:08 am

Okay. Inspired by the 'Midway livery change' post by FirstClass!, I've found another interesting item. This time, it involves America west.

Look at the "America West" graphic on each airplane. Notice how one is significantly bigger than the other?

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Sean Codier

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Leonardo Oliveira

I first noticed this last weekend as I was sitting at the airport waiting for a friend's flight to arrive...

-Scott

My name is Scott, and I am addicted to writing trip reports.

Scooter
Topic Author

Note:

Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:13 am

You can also see this difference on the same HP aircraft types. Some A320's have the large graphic, and some don't...

-Scott

This Is Why....

Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:23 am

When our new livery first came out, it was with the 'bigger' lettering that covered more of the aircraft.

Management recently decided that the bigger letters were more difficult to read from different angles so they instituted smaller and clearer lettering that is now being painted on all aircraft... slowly!

Scooter
Topic Author

RE: This Is Why...

Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:32 am

Thanks for the info, AWA320...

BTW, I like the original L A R G E lettering myself...  

-Scott

RE: This Is Why...

Sat Apr 22, 2000 3:03 am

I'm starting to like the smaller lettering. It looks much cleaner and easier to read from different angles.

RE: America West Livery Differences

Sat Apr 22, 2000 3:25 pm

Is it my imagination or is the paint on that A319 blue instead of the normal green? Maybe the color is just off in the scan but it almost looks like the old Phoenix Suns B737-100 with purple paint insteat of the green.
If it is blue, I like it!

Richard Silagi