USAF757300
Topic Author

Future Of PHX.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:44 am

With this whole HP/US merger in the works what do you think the future holds for PHX? I am hoping that we get some International carriers here but I am afraid that is more wishful thinking on my part. What I wouldn't give to have LH back here. But who knows maybe it will happen.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Piboontum

ballsdeep

RE: Future Of PHX.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:55 am

I would love to see the return of LH. Will the new merged airline still be a member of star alliance?

PHX Flyer

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:03 pm

I think, Lufthansa will return to PHX eventually, whether the new US Airways will remain in the Star Alliance or not. Phoenix is a thriving city, and it will continue to grow. At some stage the local O&D traffic alone will be sufficient to warrant nonstop service from Lufthansa's FRA hub. Just because LH pulled out does not mean that they don't monitor the development there anymore. Philly also lost LH service a long time ago, and years later it was reinstated.
I would also expect US Airways to launch a few transoceanic routes in a few years from now, in addition to the new Hawai'i service, which has been announced already.

ballsdeep

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:07 pm

What international flights could Phoenix support under the new airline?

wdleiser

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:15 pm

I miss the LH flight to phoenix. The hotel there was the best. The Tapatio Resorts! Any of you familar with it.... I made one of the bell hop guys in the shuttle busses drive me down to the rite aid so i could by Dr. Pepper and Cherry coke.